Sunday 28 May 2017

Progress??

Things are moving foreward. I think my leg is getting better. The times when it feels ok are lasting a little longer so I have hope that this is moving in the right direction. I am not a big fan of this not being able to move and do as I used to be able to. Never thought I would be happy just to be dealing with the osteoarthritis only. That seems very weird to me but I would be very happy to just go back to dealing with that.

I have made some headway this weekend. I got groceries, I used the "order it on the internet and pick it up at the store" method but it worked wonderfully well. I will definitely do it again. Plus I did not have to try and walk around the store or stand in a checkout line. Wonderful. My neighbour mowed my lawn for me, so nice of him, no payment required even. I have nearly finished the laundry which is good because nearly every item of clothing was needing to be washed.

Today I made a big pot of soup, roasted a pork tenderloin and made a pot of porridge. Now I have stuff for lunches next week. I hate making lunches and I struggle with knowing what to make and having stuff in the house to use for lunch. This week I will have avoided that problem. Hallelujah!!!

I worked on the puppets, I tried, again, to get the kitchen cleaned up. I don't know what it is with this room and me but we have a battle royal going on every week. Well I do know what it is, I can't stand as long as I need to to get the job done. Can you tell this situation is getting me frustrated??

I had to let The Nurse know today that I will not be able to attend Cirque de Soel with them in June. I was so looking foreward to going but the more I think about it the more I can't see it happening. I could not walk a long way from the parking lot, I could not stand and wait in line for a long time. I can't stand long enough to pay for something if there are three people ahead of me.  If there are stairs to walk up without handrails I am hooped. So rather than end up in a situation that I can't deal with, I decided to pass. Doesn't mean I am not miffed about it. I really really really wanted to go.

So my mood today is as gray and dull as the weather today. Feeling just a little sorry for myself today. I will get over it but right now its a pity party, table for one!! Things are getting better its just going too slow for me.


Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment