Tuesday 9 May 2017

One Step Foreward and Several Backward..........Such is My Life

Some days I just feel like the universe is not overly fond of me. I realize that things go well and things go whackadoodle in everyone's life. Worse things and better things. But once in a while things go whackadoodle in my life and I think.......REALLY........what is this suppose to teach me. When one rides as close to the ragged edge as I do, some lessons are not very clear. At least not to me, so I then think, give up trying to teach me, I am JUST NOT GETTING IT!!! GIVE UP.

My fridge is on its last legs and I need to get the tires changed out on my car. The winter ones need to come off and the summer ones need to be put on. Was counting on my income tax refund to help out with this. Did not happen, whole lot of mistakes made on my part and I ended up paying and then asking for a reassessment. This year, because I dipped into my investments, I ended up in a higher tax bracket and looks like I would need to pay again.This does not fix the fact that the fridge and tires need to be dealt with. (We are not talking about the shingles, the windows and the carpet in my room those are a problem for another day)

So out comes the credit card that I have been working at paying off, was so proud of making progress on it, and I made an appointment to get the tires switched out. Now I have two sets of tires and this will not be an expense I need to deal with for awhile. Right now its not one I needed but its done and over. My credit card is not a great as it once was but to quote my Mom "At least I could pay for it"
Even better while I was at the garage they mentioned some work that REALLY NEEDS to be done, the cost of which caused me to faint. Not literally but in my head I passed out, threw up and burst into tears, all at one time. Lets just say I hope the fridge has a lot more miles on it yet.

I should have known, my cars have always done this at income tax time. Apparently no one told this car that Canada Revenue is not handing out refunds to me much this year.

I did get a notice from the nice tax people that I am getting some money back, I don't have to pay anymore, THANK HEAVEN. I am trying hard to be very grateful that this mess is cleaned up and its going to be help with the new car repairs but the refund is not even half of what I need, therein lies the struggle with being grateful. ARRGH ..............cars, they are a blessing and a curse.

So today I went to a walk-in because my good leg is making me nuts and I want the pain to stop. Let me say I do not like to go to the Doctor, I have a long history of dealing with them and being treated like I am wasting their time. I finally caved in today and went because I just want these nonsense to stop. Well. the one Doctor that I have completely no use for was the dude on duty this morning. SERIOUSLY??? This is the Doctor that I saw at the start of my cellulitis extravaganza. He did not even want to give me three days off because it was only a slight infection. What was I fussing about. He grabbed my leg and squeezed it and I regret now that I did not kick him. He gave me amoxicillin which works as good as skittles.  My slight infection ended up with me being in hospital for 44 days and off work totally for 7 months. Oh yeah, I was going to deal with him again with my leg pain. NOT, I got back in my car and went to work. So what was the lesson in that?? Did nothing to make me feel better about going to the Doctor, not even a little bit.

So have we had enough of this little pity party? I have. Lets look at some positive things. I got the crib sheet made for Teddy Bear's granddaughter this weekend


Making this I found out that my sewing machine will zigzag again!! It must have just needed a rest. I am not going to try and figure out I am just thrilled its working again.

The Banker is going to dig my flower bed for me, as I can't right now. I am going to plant hostas all across the flower bed. They grow nicely and seem to thrive in the bed. I want the yard to look the nicest with the minimal amount of work required.  

I am going to go and pout for a bit.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment