Tuesday 2 May 2017

Not much to say for myself

So we finally had a lovely weekend, perfect for getting out and getting the yard in shape and I was not up to the task. My good leg had developed a burning pain, which feels like sciatica and so standing for any length of time is less than pleasant. Can't shift my weight onto my bad leg so it presents a bit of a pickle. I am less than impressed but it is what it is.

I did manage to get a wee bit done before I had to give up and go back to sitting. When I say a wee bit. I meant a very wee bit.


The remnants of last years peonies, The bows, the nasty old winter wind blew off the veranda and just general detritus. I found my clippers, my broom  and did my best.


Snipped, clipped and then all the garbage bagged up it is a start.Thankfully my neighbours have children and some of them like to earn some money. Their daughter came over and volunteered to clean up my back yard for me. Her brother had originally wanted the job but I suspect that was more his parents idea than his, according to sister he decided he didn't want to do the yard but if I wanted to hire her, she would have a go, She did a fantastic job. Dad gave her a hand and together they got it looking far better than I ever would have. I need to put all the do-dads back in the proper places but its so nice and clean now. Money well spent!!

The tulips are coming up, the leaves are starting to show on the trees. My flowering bush at the front, the third one planted since I killed the dogwood, has little green buds on it and I am so excited!! It survived the winter and is showing signs of life. What more can I hope for.

Until my leg smartens up and lets me stand for more that 5 minutes at a time I am continuing on with the puppet production. I am going to get going on quilts again and I have some things that need to be painted. I also continue to poke away at the sewing room. I have been going through the extra boxes that end up in there on the floor, stuffed with things that just need to be put away. once those are done I can start on the storage bins.

Had my first coffee on the veranda this year, oh how I enjoy that. Too bad the veranda is still wearing all its dust and dirt from the winter. Never the less it was wonderful. All these things will be done, one step at a time.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment