Monday 22 May 2017

Things is Gettin' Better

So I think that things are getting better in as much as things have not got worse for the moment.The car is all fixed and paid for. Savings and credit cards have taken a beating but at least things are paid for.

It was wonderful to not wake up to the alarm clock this morning. Three day weekends are fabulous. I slept in late and when I did manage to get downstairs I promptly got a ticking off by a certain someone who really really wanted his breakfast!!


Got the three of us fed and watered then the two furry ones went to find comfy places to sleep the day away and I watched a bit of tv before I got going on the housework.\

My week last week went from only having one night with something on, to having a full, busy week.
One very good plus this week is I was quilting again!! that brace did its job and I can once again hold a needle and do my happy thing.

Was helping the Banker finish a quilt for her sister-in-law. The sister-in-law's mom passed away before she could finish it and The Banker volunteered to do it so it could still be given as a wedding gift to the grandson as intended. I was more than happy to help and over the moon to find out I could quilt again. SO HAPPY. Now I am looking to the list of quilts that I have planned to make with mouth watering anticipation!

The Banker, bless her heart, is a bit of an energizer bunny. Once she gets going she has a hard time to stop. She very kindly dug up my flower bed for me. I had asked that she only do a portion of it because the other part was my hosta bed which had matured very nicely. I even sent her a text with pictures of where to start and where to stop. Once she got going......


She did the whole thing. Hosta la Vista baby. I was stunned but its worked out for the best. I had intended to add more hostas so now I can re arrange them. The Banker came back and we dug some of the old hostas out of the green bin and replanted them. They are showing signs of life so its not all lost. She did a lovely job of it but my poor hosta bed!! It will be fine in time, She felt so bad. I was a tad upset myself at first but now I am looking at it as a fresh start.

I have been trying to get some housework done around here but it just seems I am spinning my wheels. I work and work and don't seem to make much headway. I did get a few things done, but not at all what I had hoped to.no yard work at all but I managed to make a double batch of laundry soap.


I got going on a mosaic star for one of my work mates. I turned this:



Into this over the last two days:


It has to dry completely and get its back painted then its good to go to its new home. I hope to deliver it tomorrow. I rather like it. If I had more red tiles I would be tempted to make one for myself for the shed. I like the red, grey, white combo.

I also had a Pinterest moment in my kitchen on Saturday. here is the before:


During the Great Shed Purge of 2017 I found an old rake with a broken handle. Gave it a good clean and now we have the after:



I am tickled with the result. It looks good in the kitchen. Now if I could get that damn room clean again.

I finally got the oars given away. I was hoping to use them myself. I have always wanted a cabin but I am thinking that dream is just going to remain a dream.  I passed them onto a friend who actually has a cabin  and can use them as a decor item. One more thing out of the house.

Now I have laundry soap again I have a lot of laundry to catch up on. I still want to get the kitchen done and then tackle the living room. My sciatica is still giving me grief, The pain killers are slow acting and they are living up to their reputation. Standing and walking are not something I can do for long periods of time. I have to sit to wash a sink full of dishes. Its so frustrating but not much I can do to change it. I can not stand long enough to get around the grocery store so I may have to hire one of my friends to do a grocery run for me one of these days. The corner store only carries so much.

This too shall pass and I will be able to hobble about as I did before. Right now I am going to sneak in a quick nap, then finish kitchen, keep the laundry going and get the living room done before the day is done.

Toodles,
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment