Saturday 22 April 2017

Saturday Stuff

Wow two posts in one week, how can you tell I am on days off?  Days off which are fast coming to an end and I am in deepest mourning but lets not dwell on that. It just makes me sad and cranky. I am saving those emotions for Monday morning.

Let's focus on the fact that the Great Shed Purge of 2017 is complete!! Finished!! Done like Dinner!!. So happy!!! Not to mention that all the purgings have gone to the dump, Thanks to The Banker and her Sweet Baboo's truck.

A before picture or two:



And now for some Afters!!



There is still the odd bit of stuff in there, like the wine bottles for the garden border and some donation stuff that will go once I make another trip to the local charity shop but on the whole its done, done, done.


I wish I would have thought to take a picture of the before most of the stuff got yanked out. It was packed with you name it. The Banker came and helped with this and now it looks like this:



This is the other side, it was packed to the roof as well. So nice to have all that junk gone, gone, gone. Now I have room to store stuff if I need to. That loom does not work, it needs fixing and I cannot make myself throw it out. For now it will stay there until I decide what to do with it. I have two working table top looms so you would think pitching it out would be a no brainer. Apparently not for me at this moment.

Look what I got!! This is my little patio before:


And now here it is with the new addition!!


The Banker again, She had three of these metal Adirondack chairs but no longer used them. The Sailor took two and I got this one. The Sailor picked them all up and delivered mine on her way home. Perfect for my little patio. I have a place to sit when I barbecue, or just want to hang in the back yard and I can stop looking for a chair for that spot. 

I was going to tackle some yard work to day but woke up to this lovely sight!!


Seriously?? I was less than impressed. Its April for goodness sake, long past time for these sort of shenanigans.  The Banker and I did the dump run as planned. She had half a load of her own stuff to go. We grabbed lunch and then I came home and finished this little job for Teddy Bear.

She has these really good folding chairs but they have gotten so mucky from her grandkids. She uses them a lot and asked me if I could do something with them. Of course I could!! I gave them a freshening for her. Me and my little staple gun.

Before:

After:

I first tried to do them with all the solid black vinyl but I could not get the backs to be flat. The vinyl wanted to buckle and I could not pull it enough to make it look nice.


I decided material would look nicer and be easier to manage. Not to mention that the backs do not get the rough use that the seats do. I am much happier with the final result. Teddy Bear is pleased too and really that is the most important,  they are her chairs.

Tomorrow I am going to get back to work on a quilt for my bed. The Banker, Teddy Bear, KitKat and I are going to tackle my bedroom in June. I want to have the new quilt made for then so when the room is done and freshly painted, the bed will be all decked out in its new spread. I have started it and made one of the center blocks. I need three more of them. I should have had it made ages ago, so its a very slow start. A start none the less!! I think I have an idea for the floor. so I do not have to leave it undone until Lucy is no longer with me. Now if I can get the smell out of the current floor but I have a plan for that too. Money will be the only fly in the ointment for the bedroom plan!! As always.


Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment