Wednesday 19 April 2017

Midway of the Stayca.

I am half way through days off and I think I can say things are getting done. Maybe not as much as should be but I am on vacation, I do get to goof off a tad.

I have finally finished the Maritime trip scrapbook and my 2016 scrapbook. Thanks to a road trip with The Banker yesterday, we hit up a really good scrapbooking store and I finally got my albums finished. We had the best day but then we always do. We went to a lovely little coffee shop for lunch and did some shopping, I got some scrapbooking supplies and so did she. I could have loaded up on quilting material but I refrained, I have lots of material in this house already. Cake and coffee later in the afternoon and then we called it a day.

I have been going through boxes and bags in the craft room. I am notorious for stashing things in a temporary home and then they sit there forever!! One bag I went through has been kicking around since before I had the trouble with my leg. Not a proud moment for moi. Each one done is an inch of ground gained in the fight to get this room organised.

I have conquered Mount Laundry. The last load of towels needs to be folded and hauled upstairs but its all done. Yahoo. The Christmas decorations are put away and the spring/summer decorations are back on the veranda. The Great Shed Purge of 2017 has begun. Here we go with the befores:



What a massive mess. Things scattered hither and thither but really it was not a lot of work to get it to look like this. Here is the after:


I only got at half of the place. I had filled up all three dumpsters so there was no point in carrying on. The other half I am going to work on later today. Those wine bottles will, eventually finish the boarder around the flower garden. Plus there is a table top barbecue that I am going to donate. I have never used it. One small cooler is junk and the pressure cooker needs to go as well now that I am looking at the pictures. It's the former owners and I have never used it. Frankly, they scare me, so out it goes. My neighbours were happy to get the lawn chairs that I never use.  There is lots of wood in the rafters that needs to be gone, It feels so good to be getting at this. Fortunately today is garbage day so I will have empty dumpsters to fill once again. I may need to call in help to get the rafter stuff down but we will see. I have no intention of falling off anything in the shed.

My neighbour has offered his son up to clean up my yard for me and I have said ok. That offer came maybe two weeks ago and nothing is happening so far. I may have to get doing it myself. Lots needs to be done and time is getting away on me. I am gong to get the newspaper under the boards by the shed this year no matter what!! I am told that will stop the weeds. A thick layer of newspaper is suppose to do the trick. We will see how it goes. I think the yard work will happen on the weekend.

Today is more work on the shed, cleaning the bathrooms and making up the spare bedroom again. The shed is being done in portions, me doing what I can until my legs decide they have had enough   and then I move onto other things. Tomorrow I am going to do some shopping. I have a mosaic star to make so I need some board. I have two chairs to recover for Teddy Bear so I need vinyl. I have a metal cupboard I want to paint so I need some metal paint. Plus I like to snoop the second hand stores for fun. I don't need anything but its fun to look. Friday I will recover the chairs, make the star and work on a quilt top and the puppets of course!!

Had a total panic yesterday, My TV stopped working properly in the living room. I can do without many things but my TV is not one of them. I LOVE my TV. If I am home its on for company. SO I was not happy when it started to act up suddenly. Fortunately all it took was unplugging everything and then plugging it all back in to get the picture back along with the sound. Crisis averted.

I need to get the summer tires put on the car which means I need to buy the summer tires. Sigh. Four new tires but it has to be done. I will phone the garage today and see if I can get it in next week. I need it for running around this week.

 Well I have calls to make, the View to finish then I need to get at the shed.

Toodles.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment