Sunday 2 April 2017

Ramblings

Its been a while but then I have been sick AGAIN and I a rightly and mightily fed up with feeling sick and tired. Cold and chest congestion/infection this time. Dry cough which not only annoying its so frustrating|!! Bought drugs that promised to help with it all but they have done little or nothing but take my money and fill me with false hope. SO I feel miserable, drag myself to work as much as I can because I have already received two "non disciplinary" warnings about taking sick time. Don'r get me started on that topic. I can rant for days but since there is some disbelief as to the validity of my sick time I will force myself to work if I possibly can. Its the principle of the thing.

I had a heart stopping moment in the last couple of weeks. I went and changed the table cloth in the dining room and in the process revealed this:


My heart tried to stop. I thought it was paint but afer I started to breath again I think it was a water mark. I set to work on it with Murphy's oil soap, lemon oil and this cloth I bought nearly 30 years ago for just thing purpose and was on its last legs, called a Miracle cloth. I finished its life off but it helped.


I could scratch through the mark with my nails so applied one of my Euro scrubbers to the spot and worked and worked and worked.


Those scratches are from me. It took a lot of elbow grease but in the end I got it to look like this


Not the best but decidedly better than it started out. The table needs to be refinished badly. I wish the Historian was here, he did such a good job of those things but he's not, Maybe I will take a crack at it one of these days. I am just glad its as good as it is. My Miracle cloth is done so I don't know what I will do if I end up in this mess again.

I fulfilled a dream to day. For some time now I have been in hot pursuit of a Christmas decoration that I wanted in the worst way and now I have one. I picked him up today

Having this little guy makes me happier than I can possibly tell you. He need some paint touch ups but that is nothing. He is going to look so cute sitting by my front step next year. It will be amazing.
I am also impressed that I only bought one of them. The lady had four but I fought my natural instincts and just took one. One is all I need. I have to stop doing that buy in bunches thing that I love to do.

Not much else going on here.  I have been spending most of my time trying to kick this bug out of my system which means I sleep as much as I can. My oldest nephew is in the hospital at the moment and I am sending all sorts of good wishes his way. Just want him healthy and back on his feet again.

Teddy Bear and I went to the new Beauty and the Beast movie. We loved it. So nice to lose yourself in a fairy tail once in a while. Puppets are still in production and I am still trying to get the house in shape. You know same old same old.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment