Sunday 16 April 2017

Easter Time

Ham is baking nicely in the oven, spuds are peeled and are in a nice milk bath with some onions and have just joined the ham. Easter supper is under construction. Just for me, I have some nice tossed salad and for dessert there will be ice cream. I even splurged and bought a chuck of real on the bone ham. So yummy. I love ham and scalloped potatoes. Its the meal one should have at Easter in my mind anyway. I'm cooking I may as well cook what I want.

I am currently on days off. I have the whole entire next week off and I have many many many things to do. What will actually get done is hard to say but I have a list for just in case I get spurred into action. I was going to paint my bedroom but if I put that off for a bit, The Banker, Teddy Bear and Kit Kat will help, so that got shelved for the moment. Second on the list is cleaning out the shed. I can do that a bit at a time so I am thinking tomorrow I will jump on that band wagon.

I FINALLY got the last of the Christmas decorations hauled to the basement. Its only Easter time, what was the rush? In taking them down, I got the puppet boxes up and now those little critters are contained. They are not in several little bags all over the living room


Production is coming along quite nicely. I am very pleased with the pace of it all. I have two more dinosaurs to make and I will have all I need of them. I can move onto porcupines.

I want to start a quilt and I want to work on my craft room. I have enough to keep me busy over the next week, that is for sure. I also need to get the tires changed out on the car. I can hear my poor credit card whimpering as I type this.

I went to the doctor for my regular three month tune up. He agreed with me that my wrist does not need to be operated on at this time. I will put it to the test with a quilt soon but for now its vastly better than it was. Very little numbness in the fingers at all. Everything else was fine. He looked at my throat and then told that my throat would feel sore and that the soreness would effect the sound of my voice. Can we all say Captain Obvious??? He gave me a prescription for amoxicillin which I never filled. May as well take skittles as that stuff. I am over it almost anyway. I have my voice back and my throat is no longer sore as of today so I am happy about that.

I have done a very little scrapbooking today. worked on the mountain of laundry I had piled up. Towels, sheets, blankets, my clothes. I am down to just two loads left to do. I have made puppets and watched tv. Its been quiet but that's how it goes.

Tomorrow I may start the shed and then on Tuesday The Banker and I are doing one of our fun shopping days. The upstairs bathroom is going to get a good cleaning and the red spare room is getting put back together.

For now I have a lovely supper to consume and some tv to watch. Happy Easter one and all.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment