Monday 20 March 2017

Weekly Roundup.

I have had a lovely week. I recovered from whatever it was that knocked me off my feet for those three days last week and I am feeling my old self again. I am glad, I am not a fan of being unable to do for myself.

I had a lovely suprise this past week. A dear former co-worker took the time on her way to her home town with her kids to stop in and say "hi". We had a great working relationship and I really missed her when she left. So easy to work with and we really got on well as a team. I knew she was talking her kids to see where she grew up but I never dreamed she would be stopping in.


She brought me flowers!! I was so touched. It was so nice to see her, even if it was just for a brief visit.


Tulips  I love tulips. This was how they looked on Friday and this morning they looked like this



Its the first day of spring and these little beauties made it all the more real. 

I also got some very good news from home, made me extremely happen and took a worry off my mind. That's all I 'm sayin' cause its private but it sure made my day!! 

I finally got some things done that I have been avoiding around the place. I managed to cut the bed spread I bought to cover the chair Desi likes to sleep in in half. Now I have two to cover the chair. One to be on it and one to be in the wash. It is just another of those little jobs that I avoid and yet are no big deal. I also hung up my "S" which has been hanging around since before Christmas. Honestly I wonder at myself sometimes.

I think I have finally got on top of the magazine situation in this house. I sorted them most of Saturday but that is such slow going. I cannot just recycle them, I have to look through them and well you know..........Squirrel!! At long last I have caught up. Recycled those that needed to go, passed on those that I could and kept a very very few. 

I made soup, the best dang cauliflower soup I have ever made. I want to drink the entire pot of it non stop!! So yummy and I don't often say that about my cooking. I made pudding, I roasted a pork tenderloin. In other words I am on top of things for lunches next week. Another thing that is rare in this house. I am usually floundering.

I got  to have afternoon tea with the Hostess on Saturday!! Its always fun to see her. We get together and have a great chat now and then, I find in some way she always challenges me to do better. In a nice way , its not pushy,  just gentle incentive to work at something that will better me. We also share a lot of the same beliefs. That is wonderful, I can say stuff and she does not look at me like I am off my meds. 

So another week begins. Not sure what will happen but I can say that the puppets are still coming along nicely. 


This time round its Cows and then pigs but I have to get some pink yarn. Oh darn, I have to go to the craft store yet again!!

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment