Monday 6 February 2017

Gettin' Scrappy

The Banker, Kitkat the Sailor and I went to a scrapbooking workshop this weekend in a little town close to us. They called it a workshop but mostly we just had a day to work on our project uninterrupted, be fed really well and share ideas with new people. I am 99% finished my 2016 album.

We had a great day. The Sailor could not join us until noon. She had a previous hair appointment that she did not want to cancel. The three if us were there when the door opened. Even though I thinned down the supplies for just the one day, its still not a hobby for the faint of heart. Scrapbooking requires dedication and muscles!

.
Only four bags but those two blue ones are heavy. Paper is not light weight. I took more than I used but you need to. you never know how much of one colour you will require. I have some pages that need embellishments but I am very nearly finished. I have an entire shoe box full of embellishemtns and I still don't have all the right ones. I like the idea of one album per year. I got the idea from the Banker and it works nicely.


We had lots of space to work. The Sailor and KitKat were working new age, with their laptops while the Banker and I rocked it old school. A lady to my left was putting pictures on pre-printed pages. They looked really nice but it sort of stole the creativity out of it for me. I like any old excuse to use my circle punches and my paper cutters!!.



That was  my Saturday and on Sunday Teddy Bear and I went to see Manchester By the Sea. It was an odd movie in some ways but I really liked it. Much more true to life than some movies. I got up Sunday morning to the knowledge that I had no bread in the house!! No toast, so I went and bought breakfast instead. Breakfast and the movie took the lion's share of the day. I went for a few groceries after the show and my day was done. Fast weekend but super fun.

Best news.............. the Scotland trip is back on the table. Whoot Whoot!!!  We talked about it and we all still want to go, so the plan is 2018 we go to Scotland. This also means I need to get working on my mobility, my health and my bank account. Shingling the roof is another thing that needs to get done. Its actually top of the list. Then I can look into the fun stuff like traveling. The trip is back on the agenda and that makes me happy.

I had big plans to get lots done in the house tonight, did not happen. I got looking for a letter that I thought I had received but didn't. At least if I did i can  not find it . I spent most of the evening looking. My oh my I need to get this craft room sorted.

For now I am headed to bed. I am tired and I not much else is gong to happen here tonight.

Toddles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment