Monday 20 February 2017

Well That Did Not Go as Planned

So I took two vacation days this week and I had a great "to do" list made up. I was going to get some of the things done that I have been putting off, Things were going to happen, stuff was going to be accomplished. You know where this is going don't you? Not everything got done. In fact precious little on the list got crossed off. It the same old story over and over again. I am sure you are tired of it, I know that I sure am. But not tired enough to make the changes required.

It was Valentines Day last week. Mostly it does not bother me, but this year I have to admit I was feeling a tad sorry for myself. So I did what I usually do, I threw food at the problem. (Yes I have issues don't judge). I bought myself my all time favourite ice cream:


Expensive and oh so good and in trying to enjoy it, I ended up in a wrestling match with two furry little brats.


Ice Cream? Mama got ice cream? Share??


Ice Cream? Share? I love  Ice Cream!!!

I did not share. I am not sure chocolate is good for cats. Had it been vanilla they would have got to have a taste but no chocolate for the brats. Its not good for them or for me for that matter but I would get over it. We had quite the tussle but I won the day. 

So back to my days off. I did manage to get the kitchen and the living room sort of whipped into shape yet again. At least now someone could stop in with out me having to cringe. I made some more puppets and am currently three puppets ahead of schedule. I organized my yarn stash. Now all the puppet yarn is in one container, the dish cloth yarn in another and the odd bits in a third place. I emptied three baskets in the process which frees up some floor space in the living room. So nice to have the yarn together, makes it easier for me to know what I have and if  I need to hit the craft store.



 I did some scrapbooking, not something that was desperately in need of doing but its fun and I am easily distracted. So I can happily say this is 99.9% finished.


Just a few more pictures and some journaling and I can put it to bed. I also added some wedding pages to the Maritime album. Someone drew it to my attention that I needed to have some wedding pics in with the trip pictures. The Pilot and The Teacher getting hitched was the main reason I went down east in the first place after all. So I did that as well.

Oh yes fun  fact number 112, apparently my wrist does not like my lovely new wrist brace:


I have been very care to keep the brace clean and keep my wrist clean and dry but this happened anyway. Soooo incredibly itchy. I have managed to reverse it and still wear the brace. Strips of flannelette around my wrist has fixed the problem. Thank goodness!!  I have to wear the dang thing because The best thing ever is that this week I managed to hem a pair of pants. That act in itself was not impressive but I did it by hand!!


I have not been able to hold a fine needle since Christmas, so I take this as a wonderful sign. My fingers and thumb are still numb and tingly but they are getting better. Made me do the drunken monkey dance of joy let me tell you.

So that was my week in a nutshell. Not quite what I had planned but that's ok. I may not have done all the chores but I did some fun stuff too. The Banker and I  had a lovely breakfast out. We did No Cook as usual. Kit Kat, The Sailor and I went to see the movie, The Great Wall, then out for coffee afterward. We ran into Teddy Bear and a friend of hers and ended up having coffee together. Today Teddy Bear brought me a coffee this afternoon. She stores Christmas and Birthday gifts over here, far from curious little eyes and this safe storage usually gets me a coffee delivery. It was lovely. Birthday Twin and I have been texting up a storm, like we do when we are both at home.

I am trying not to think of work tomorrow. I am concentrating on the fact the house smells of roast chicken and I have the entire evening ahead of me to work on more puppets.

Toodles
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment