Monday 27 February 2017

My Current Public Enemy Number One

Do you have something that drives you up a wall, makes you crazy and just seems to be determined to make your life a complete misery?? I do and I have done battle with it/them for years and I am 'bout to my breaking point.

What is it that has pushed me to the brink?? Lunch containers. Little plastic or glass or whatever they are made of containers to put your choice of luncheon food into. I have for years been in pursuit of the perfect set of containers and the end result is I have a ton of them and very few are actually the right sizes. If they are the right sizes the lids disappear into some black hole in my house. If I have the lid, the base is no where to be found. Amazingly the wrong sized ones are always right there, easy access.

Don't tell me to store the lids in a basket, or store them together or buy the ones that the lids snap on the bottoms so they are always together. I have tried every storage method I can think f  and I am fixin' to snap myself. The little bastards are livin' a life of their own when I am not looking. ARRRRGH!!!! My collection has now exploded out of the container cupboard and are taking over the laundry room. I hate them.

This morning I went in search of a container to put my yogurt in. All sorts of bottoms in the basket and not a lid in sight. I put them away together, I swear to goodness I do. I think they are like lemmings and leap to their death behind the deep freeze. They know that is not getting moved anytime soon because its a pain to do it. They are back there laughing at me. I can almost hear them.

I am to the point where I want to hurl them all out each and everyone but that would mean I would have to start all over again . I could give  up eating lunch I suppose. Yeah that is not going to happen anytime soon either.  I am defeated by little lumps of plastic.

I need to grit my teeth, get rid of the ones I do not use or that are just not the right size. The means I need to do battle not only with them but with my "oh my goodness, I may need this at some point in the future, I need to keep it". I am a my own worst enemy. I will do it though, and soon. I am fed up to the back teeth with seeing stupid plastic containers all over and yet never the right ones.

ok, moving on!!

I managed to get some more organizing done in the craft room. I swapped out some of the smaller plastic containers for bigger ones and purged out half a garbage bag of junk from the top half of the cupboard in the craft room

Before


After


There is now a spot to store my scrapbooking paper that is not on the floor of the craft room or on top of the boxes. I got rid of a ton of little bottles of craft paint that have been dried out for years. Things were put into boxes with other things that are similar. I will go through it again as I work my way around the room and thin it down even more. I need to go though my old sewing patterns and get rid of the ones I will never sew with again. It feels good to get this done. 

I emptied all of these:


Some I will use in other places in the house. One of them will be used to house my upholstery staplers and staples. One of them will be for my lovely new power drill (if it fits)  and the drill bits. Another for paint brushes to keep them from getting their bristles all bent up. The ones I can't use Teddy Bear and KitKat will take off my hands.

I am also purging some of the boxes I have just here and there. Stuff gets put into theses little cardboard boxes with out me really knowing its happening. Next thing I know I need something and then I don't know where it is. The boxes get shoved into this room and then it just all adds to the mess. My Mom tried her best to teach me to put things away when I drag them out, or put it where I would go looking for it. I never really learned that lesson. Not because of any failure on her part, just shear stubbornness on mine.  I am still trying to overcome this part of my nature,  at this point in my life. 

I do think as long as I keep trying, I am ok. Its the day I give up that I really have a problem!!

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment