Sunday 4 December 2016

Random Thoughts on a Snowy Sunday

|* Why is it when I am at work I can thing of a million things to do if I was at home but once I do get home all I want to do is knit, nap and watch tv.

*I miss the big window displays the big department stores used to do at Christmas time. I loved getting to go and look at them, so magical

* On the first of December I took a few decorations to the office and it made such a big difference to my little cubicle. Warmed it up to no end.

* I finally have ideas for everyone for Christmas and I have finally got my shopping started. I am usually finished by now. I need to get myself together!!

* I have a lot of crafting to do before Christmas. This season always makes want to craft even more. Every year I think I will do some things in January and February so I am not cramming it all into the last of the year, but it never happens. Maybe this year????

* Speaking of after Christmas that is when the big craft room purge and inventory is going to take place. The room is almost beyond hope.

* I have decided to stop donating quilts to the Blarney night. Not that I want to but its just so hard to get it delivered on time and to get the quilt made on time. I have done this donation for years but I think the time has come for it  to end. Makes me a little sad.

* I was very proud to have a hand in raising $1945.00 for the safe and warm shelter here. Its such a good cause and I had lots of good help. I was just a tiny part of it but it warms my heart.

* I want to do a calendar this year with things that need to be done each month on it, like puppets to make for the big craft sale, quilts to do. etc. Maybe I could stay on top of things then. How very Martha Stewart of me.

* My multiple yarn baskets are getting out of control. They need a good tidy up, Maybe this weekend I will beat them into submission


* Some days I think I should get the Banker to come in here and organize for me but I really like her and I don't want to finish her off. The shocking truth would do her in. So I shall attempt to accomplish this on my own, More fool me.

* Feeling like putting up the big tree this year but since that is not a practical idea this year. Just a couple of the little trees will have to do. Yes I said a couple. I usually put up four trees, don't judge me, I like Christmas!!

*Craft stores and their 50 % off coupons are just enablers to people like me.

* Been  making sock monkey hats like crazy this year. Am on my 7th one already. They do come out pretty darn cute!!

* Feeling pretty smug to day,  the front of the house is all decorated for Christmas. The lights are up, the garlands strung and the big bows are hung. Much as I hate hauling that stuff up from the basement, its lovely to have it done.

(This is not a current picture but the same stuff is up this year so you get the idea)

* I got a lot of sewing done yesterday so the Wee Girl's Christmas gift is 99% finished. It was all Santa's work shop here as I got busy on several gifts. Love spending snowy days crafting away.

Thats all folks

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment