Wednesday 28 December 2016

And Then it was Done

Christmas is over.... I am pouting. It goes by way to fast. Its so wonderful to get together with family and share the festive season. We lucked out this year because we had not one but two little ones for the day. Crap weather but good times with family and friends.

The Carpenter and Busy hosted this year. Miss Mouse, The Farmer and Tater Tot came. The Pilot, The Teacher and The Wee Girl came as well, I swear those little ones made a million trips around the island chasing each other.



 They did so good with each other, 3 years old and 1 year old could have had some problems but they did very well. of course no matter how many toys there are the old cardboard box is still the winner.


I will have more pictures another time. I need to find my camera and download the ones I  took.

We ate well as always. The traditional turkey dinner was saved for Boxing Day when Busy's family has their Christmas. We dined on Prime Rib. Busy can COOK. They give me the business because rare is not my favourite. I like mine cooked a bit more or ruined, depends who you talk to.


The babes got new Christmas jammies and Tater Tot had the hardest time to go to sleep. So many questions. "why does Santa come?" "when does he come?" "how long does he stay?" "I can't see him" " What kind of reindeers does he have??" and on and on and on. He was so excited.

Waking the next morning continued the fun. Santa had eaten his cookies, drunk up his milk and left a thank you note to boot!! Tater Tot worked hard, handing out each gift  and helping to open it should you need some assistance. "Who's next Mommy, Who's next?" was the chant of the day. The Wee Girl was just interested in watching, ripping paper and just generally being very cute.



We all did well in the gifts department as always. It was so nice to see everyone, Time and work and living in different provinces, mean I don't get to see the kids as much as I would like. The little and the big ones. It means a lot to me that I get included. Having Christmas is a lot of work and I don't think I am much help but I am always grateful to be invited.

We had the mother of all blizzards while Christmas was happening and I have to say that we were insulated in our little bubble. No one went out of the house so we did not know what was happening. Lots and lots of snow!! I headed home before it hit and stayed there an extra day so it was mostly cleaned up before I headed home.

Those No Cook gals looked after my house and the cats very well. My side walk was shoveled and so much more was done. I am grateful that the shoveling was done, I would have had a heck of a time to get from the street to the house if it had not been done.

So now its back to the normal routine, back to regular life which really is not terrible, its just a bit blah after looking foreward to spending time with family, seeing the babes and well just being together. Ah well.

Now its time to look foreward to a new year, new possibilities and new things to accomplish. Right now I am going to accomplish sitting in my chair and watching TV.

Toodles
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment