Sunday 11 December 2016

Snippets

I took Thursday and Friday off to have some time to get things done. I had hoped to do the baking but that has not happened yet. Do not despair!! not that you would anyway but I did get lots done otherwise

On Thursday I went shopping, got half the gifts that I needed to get purchased. I checked out the second hand stores and then came home. I made Christmas cards and made new name tags for my Christmas gifts. I got to play with my new circle punches (thank you Michael's 50% off coupons)


I will make more cards as I need to but these are a start. The new gift tags may not look overly impressive but they are cute little embossed hedgehogs giving gifts. I got to play with my embossing powder and the heat gun which was great fun. I love the magic of embossing powder.


I went out for supper with KitKat then came home a spent the evening knitting and crocheting on things that I cannot share on here. (Because they are for Christmas gifts, silly.)

Friday was the best of days. The Banker came and picked me up at ||||||9:30  on the dot. We started with breakfast at a snazzy trendy little coffee shop and had butter tarts for dessert. Breakfast dessert is something that should catch on, don't you think? Fortified with really good food and coffee we went out and went shopping. We hit all the little fancy shops and greenhouses we  could think of. We did a couple of antique stores and we had the best time. I managed to walk around more than I normally do which made the best day. I hate not being able to do as much as I want to so I was pleased I could keep up. We had yummy soup and biscuit for lunch at a local gift store/cafe then shopped more. We even hit Michaels again and I got a deal on ribbon to replace the bows on my veranda.

We then ended up at her place for a shot of Bailey's and a good natter, joined by her Sweet Baboo. Supper time rolled around and we went out with the No Cook girls. All of us were there so it was great fun, supper was delicious, then back to the Bankers place for a little Christmas get together. We played games, did a little gift exchange and ate dainties. Fun Fun Friday. I so enjoy days like that.



Saturday I was up and out inspite of the -31 degree weather. I finished purchasing my Christmas presents. I got groceries then one last trip to Michael's to exchange one of the round punches. I bought a scalloped one and it should have been plain. That accomplished I headed home. I hauled as much in from the car as I could that I thought would freeze then I quit. By today my poor legs were letting me know they were done with the walking about.

I made brunch for myself then finished a few of my crafty things..Desi and I manages a nap, Today, I have made one and a half monkey hats so far. I tied the bows for the veranda, I tied in a million ends on the knitting that I did. I finished some sewing and I chatted with Teddy Bear and her daughter as they came over to wrap the presents they had stored here away from prying little eyes.

Once again I have to admit I cannot be trusted with food stocking stuffers. I will have to replace one I got for my brother as I am currently snacking away on it even as we speak. I am such a child some times. Oh well it will be easy to replace it and its so yummy. One year I had to buy Lindor chocolates three times before they actually made it to the stockings.

So I did not get anything baked but that will happen this week. I can start to wrap gifts and finish decorating the house. It will all get done, it always does and I do have one more weekend before the big day.


I would love to have some more days off but its back to work tomorrow. Oh well these last four have been wonderful.

I hope your Christmas prep is going very well.

Toodles,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment