Tuesday 29 November 2016

Where Does the Time Go

EEK its Tuesday already, I usually post on the weekends but for some reason things just got away on me. I got lots done and then Sunday just zipped by. Monday I was so tired and now its Tuesday and I am finally getting around to my weekend post. WTF???"

The big deal last week was I finally bit the bullet and got Desi shaved. He is such a lovely furry long hair and he looks gorgeous but there is a down side. His gorgeous looking fur is the worst I have ever seen to mat up. Plus its so long it drags in everything and he cannot reach his nether regions so he cannot keep himself minty fresh. Long story short his fur gets soaked in urine and then he smells. I cannot seem to do enough to keep him clean so shaving was the best solution. The big boy got a lion cut and he looks as cute as can be


He was not at all happy with the whole deal but he smells so much better and I am sure he feels better with all those hard lumpy mats gone.



I love love love the little poof on the end of his tail.


We were very very sad for a while but that has passed. He is feeling the cold, so I turned up the furnace for him and even wrapped him in my ratty old sweater for a bit the first day he was back home.


He has forgiven me and Lucy is back to knowing who he is. I think it was because she does not see overly well and he smelled like the vet's office, she hissed and spit and swatted at him like a wild woman, for the first day and a half after he got home. Poor Desi. 

I got lots done, I finally hauled stuff out to the shed, brought stuff in from the shed. hauled all the rest of the wine bottles out there. I never did get them put in around the flower bed. I got started and then never got finished. The remaining wine bottles are out in the shed now instead of me having to look at them and step around them all winter. I was so happy with myself. I even did it on the very last day of nice weather. So unlike me but I did it.


I finally found these oars and dug them out of the shed. I have promised them to a friend for her cabin. That was a year ago. She has been patient with me.

I finished the puppets for the Teacher, I finished the puppets for the Hummingbird and I made a sock monkey hat for Teddy Bear to give to her granddaughter. I worked on stocking stuffers and did a ton of laundry. The weekend seems to go along fine and the after 3:00 pm on Sunday it just seemed to disappear down the rabbit hole.

Winter has finally made an appearance and its ugly. I know we should not complain but we will. I was listening to the weather this morning and they made it sound like it was a blizzard out there. I got up and got going because I thought: blowing snow, freezing slippery roads, etc. I was going to have to chisel the car open. Well crap none of that. It was wet and sloppy but the wipers cleaned the windows. I ended up at work a whole half hour before I needed to be. I was not happy. 

The Banker came for lunch today with Teddy Bear and I. She even brought lunch with her, It was lovely. Made up for the stupid start to the day. I even cooked tonight, made a proper supper for the first time in ages. Baked potatoes, mild Italian sausage and green beans. So yummy and enough for lunch tomorrow. I baked lots of potatoes so I can have fried potatoes for the rest of the week.

I am now starting to work on Christmas gifts and am thinking about decorating for the season. Nothing will happen until this weekend. I am not big on decorating before December 1, 2016.


Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment