Sunday 30 October 2016

Busy Week

This has been a busy week. I have been out and about more that normal, and that is a good thing. Time spent with good friends is never wasted!! Housework will wait forever for you but good times to be had with good company will not.

Teddy Bear, KitKat and I went to see The Accountant on Tuesday night. We turned it into supper and a movie out as KitKat is still getting over her eye surgery and cannot drive at the moment. So we thought she might like to get out of the house for a bit.  Thursday night was supper out again with three of my work mates, then we went to a local production of Billy Elliott. What a wonderful night. The play was super great. Lots of very talented people in this community. Friday night was No Cook of course. Lots of silliness and giggles for us old broads. Honestly you would think we were ten years old. On Saturday, KitKat and I went out shopping for scrapbooking supplies for the big weekend coming up. We did a few second hand stores as well and by the time I got home, any housework that was on the plan was not happening. Saturday night Teddy Bear and I went to see Jack Reacher, then for coffee. A full busy week. Whoot!!

Today I have been puttering about. The tulips are finally in the ground. I just hope they grow. The veranda is cleaned off (sort of). Leaves are in the compost bin and I have made another trip to the basement for the Halloween decorations. I have even decorated for Halloween. Not a lot but at least the kids will know that I am open for business.I have been known to pull out the decorations and then leave them sit. I am weird that way.  I bought my treats and they are safe in the trunk of the car. I cannot be trusted if they are in the house.


Why I did not bring this stuff up when I was down there last week to  get the spinning wheel I have no idea. Going into my basement/cellar is not an easy feat. It requires furniture moving, acrobatics, nerves of steel and you need to be about 5 foot tall. I regularly bash my head on the joists. NO matter how many times I go down there. Its painful.


I love those skeletons, they are gracing each side of the steps this year. I got them 70% off at Michaels a couple of years ago. Those Christmas light hooks are handy for this sort of thing. I have misplaced a tote box full of Halloween stuff. Its not in the spare bedroom closet. It has my candy kettle and some little ghosty do dads in it. In this house you would not think this possible. There is very little place for this stuff to go.


The big black cat is perched on the railing ready to hiss and howl at anyone who happens by. The big pumpkin does not light up anymore, burnt out bulb but I have an IKEA desk lamp that I can McGyver up a light for tomorrow night and then in future I will use glow sticks. Then I can set it anywhere. Or I will find another light bulb that will work. I have grave stones but I did not get them out this year. I also have witches legs that I have not put out either. I want to get a little black pot to set them into. I can see it, a black cauldron with legs sticking out of it!!

So I am ready for the hobgoblins tomorrow night. My house work is still waiting for me to do it but that's ok. I needed this to get done first. I have high hopes for more kids this year as there are a few other houses on the street with things out. In the past my neighbourhood is mostly lights out and no candy for the kids. I enjoy seeing the little ones, big ones too.

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment