Sunday 23 October 2016

Working the Second Job

I really should not call it a second job. Being creative and making things in not what I would call a "job" its more of a joy. I am happiest making something and I would do it full time if I could figure out a way to make some serious money out of it. Anyway, big dreams aside, I made up my mind to devote most of the weekend to creative industry, as I have some deadlines looming and I needed to get cracking. Household chores and errands aside I was putting my nose to the grindstone and getting somethings accomplished

Saturday I devoted myself to finishing this: Its the quilt I call Pigeon Holes. I found the pattern on Pinterest and I have no idea what name it should have. Pigeon Holes is what I have called it.


I will take a better picture of it later on. Its been washed and is still a bit damp so it needs to go back into the dryer. This quilt is my donation item to the fund raiser for the local Safe and Warm Shelter. It will be raffled off at a trade show early next month. Last time I did not have the quilt finished before the raffle so I was determined to get it done this time.

The Sailor asked me if I would make her either some slippers or a single sized afghan to go along with some cute pillows she made. Another fund raiser, this time for her Dragon Boat team. She needs it by November 2 so she knew it was a challenge for the making of a blanket. Well CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!! One red and white afghan on its way. I could finish it today as I found that 6 hour afghan pattern and got to it.


The local yarn store had a sale and then a coupon for yarn, (one day only) so I got what I needed at a snip of a price. Its delightfully soft and squishy. I starting it this afternoon and am about 2/3 finished. I managed to do the laundry and have a nap while working at it. I hope she likes it.

I also at long last made the trip to the basement and brought up the spinning wheel. The one I am passing on to a fellow spinner who wants to learn but has no wheel.


I have two wheels so I can happily share the wealth. I hope it works for her. I just never liked the look of this one. It was not what I thought of when I thought of learning to spin.


Its small but it takes of space, space that is precious in this house. I am happy to pass it on and for it to be used again, rather than moldering away in my basement. I am also pleased that at long last I made the trip to the basement to get it up. Trips to the basement at my house are an adventure. Its more complicated than anyone could think. I call it a basement but it really is more of a cellar.

Teddy Bear, KitKat, the Banker and I went to see a cute little movie last night. Oddball and the Penguins. It was a sweet, feel good movie. We did coffee after and found loads to talk and laugh about even though we had been together the night before for No Cook. Good friends those women!! They are just the best.

Well I best get back to my crochet hook!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment