Sunday 16 October 2016

This and That and a Little of the Other

The week has zoomed by, I have no idea where it has gone. I want it to stop that. I am fine with the work days doing the warp speed thing by but the weekends need to put on the brakes. Those two days off are gone in a heartbeat and the next thing you know its Sunday night and Monday morning is looming like a specter

KitKat had cataract surgery this week so she could not come to No Cook. On Friday, The Banker took her a lovely roast beef supper to share with her Dad while we went our for our usual meal. Instead of going out for coffee afterwards we took coffee to KitKat's place and spent the rest of the evening chatting and sharing together like we always do. Dad had headed home by the time we got there. This really is a good circle of women to have as friends. We tend to look after each other.

Saturday, I was out and about with my usual list of errands that needed to be tended to. I had whittled it down to just the groceries when it was close to noon. The thought of lunch gave me a good Samaritan  inspiration so after groceries were purchased, I ran lunch up to KitKat. I did not cook it like the Banker did but I delivered the hell out of that food. We had lunch together and the Banker stopped in with coffee. We did our best to break up her day. She can't see to do anything not even watch tv really. I left her fed but tired and headed back home to get at my chores. It feels good to be able to pay back the good deeds that were done for me when I was in hospital.

At home I cleaned sme, ran the dishwasher and then settled in to quilt for the afternoon. In-between cats crawling all over the quilt I did manage to get some actual stitching done. I want to have it totally finished by the end of this coming week. Its being donated to a raffle so it needs to get finished ASAP. Its kind of hard to go when you are under constant scrutiny but I do the best I could:

Snoopervisor Number 1

Teddy Bear, her daughter and I went out to see The Girl On the Train. It was ok. The book was much better but the movie was fine. Maybe more suited to television rather than a Big Screen number but we all were not sorry that we went. I have never decided which is best, read the book then see the movie or do it the other way around.

Three little boys knocked on my door on Saturday and offered to rake my leaves. They did the best job. They were polite. got right to it and I doubled their pay just because I was so pleased with them. I paid them early, they were nearly done when I gave them their money. Still they knocked on my door and made sure I was pleased with the job when they really finished. That impressed me to no end. I like to encourage that work ethic!! One little boy is my neighbour and we have agreed to have a talk,when the snow comes, about him shoveling my sidewalk for me. Since it poured rain all day today I was thrilled to have the leaves gone.

It was a very wet, cold, autumn day but we did not let that stop us. Today the Banker, KitKat and I went to the big craft sale. Its the one I was in last year and I did pick up a registration for next years show. I think doing it every two years is enough if I want to sell puppets but not have the making of them turn into a job. We had a lovely day. I always like to go as I get lots of ideas. I also managed to buy a couple of things.



Little square pumpkins that will go well with the little square black cat I bought last year.


Plus a tall skinny barn board tree that I have some plans for but I have to get a few things for it yet. Some additional items to make a display out of it. I love the barn board and the rusty metal.

There was a lot of things that I could have bought but I don't have the money or the room so I limited myself to these two. I got some good ideas about things I could make, that I may or may not make, one never knows.

KitKat was tired out by the time we were done so we ran her home. The Banker and I went out for some really late lunch or an early supper. Her Sweet Baboo would have come with us but he was waiting for his daughter to stop by with a job for him to do. We went for Chinese then she dropped me off. and headed home her self.  I finished my evening quilting as best I could  around the cats.

Snoopervisor Number 2

I like this sort of weekend. Time spent with friends, you are out and about doing things, going here and there, You also are getting somethings done in the house. Its fun, its productive and you get to spend time with people you enjoy. Good times!! Even wrestling a quilt away from two furry knuckleheads is fun.

Toodles,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment