Sunday 1 November 2015

Almost

Just sitting about nibbling on cheese toast and drinking some iced tea. Its the first day of November and its grey, cloudy and mild outside. I know that because I did venture out to take down the Halloween decorations. I have not got the kitchen tidied but I do have the decorations down. That's me in a nutshell these days, Almost done all the things I need to do. Sigh Only 19 little hobgobblins last night. I never get a lot of children, I wish there were more. Very few people put their lights on for them on my block so I am glad we get what we do. The time changed to day and I have to say I love that extra hour we get. Its only an hour but its like a present.

I am nearly finished the quilt for the shelter. I have three more blocks to quilt, then its bind it, wash it, pictures taken and gt it delivered. I did get some coveralls mended for The Hummingbirds partner. they have lived on the floor in the entry for some time before I managed to get knees and bums patched. I always think of my Mom and her sister when I am mending. I am sure it would amuse them to no end to know that some of their considerable skill wormed its way into my brain. I am not anywhere close to their talents but I can patch a knee when put to the test. Apparently I was paying attention as I hovered around watching them make do and mend. As he has managed to put a hole into a third pair, I am sure he will be glad to have these two back, wearable once again.

Something I did not do this weekend was I did not make a much needed trip to the basement. There is a lot of things to be taken down there and I keep putting it off. It hurts my knee to shimmy up and down the basement stairs. I am being a big baby by putting it off. As a result the kitchen is once again a dump, filled with things that need to be put away. Its the song that never ends. I am having friends for supper and a movie on Tuesday night so I need to pull my finger out and get at it.

I have got quite a lot of quilting done this weekend. Once this one is finished, The Wee Girl's quilt goes into the frames. I will do the bumper pads, my part if  the roman shade and then they will be done. I will be happy to get them given to her. Grandma Busy is going to complete the shade.

I have composed many lists and have my plans and schedules in place and once again I endeavor to improve how I do things. I am a work in progress and sometimes the progress feels like its more work that its worth.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment