Monday 16 November 2015

Crafty Weekend with a Little Ballet Thrown In

So I guess it really was more than a weekend. I had two days off, a stat holiday and a weekend which means five days of not being at work. We all know how I like that!! I watched the Remembrance Day service from Ottawa from the comfort of my chair. I am not energetic enough to go to the big service here. Its at a sports place and the seats are made for people without hips and I don't need to have to have the jaws of life to  get me out of a chair, I have my own, comfortable, hip friendly chair in my house,  thank you. Staying home means I could also knit mitts that day. I have been putting off doing this one pair of mitts that should have been done before Christmas last year. Winter is coming, so I designated Wednesday as mitt knitting day. I just have the thumbs left to do.

Thursday KitKat and I did some last minute shopping for our scrapbooking weekend. We did lunch and basically goofed off for more of the day than we originally intended to. Imagine that!! Once I got home again I packed up all my supplies for a weekend of scraptastic fun. Friday morning, I made a snack run because a lot of the fun of the weekend with friends being crafty is connected to the snacks.  I cannot purchase them too early or I will be sneaking tastes and end up with no snacks for the weekend. We arranged do lunch first before we got down to business. The Banker, KitKat, KitKat's Sister and me. Teddy Bear was also on days off and thanks to the magic of texting, we discovered she was at a loose end, so we invited her to come along for Chinese food and giggles. We had a great time.

After lunch Teddy Bear headed home, and we headed to the scrapbooking event. Its a great weekend. Its not a sponsored event, its just a bunch of friends getting together to spend a weekend crafting. |No company is there pushing product and we can do as we please, You are not packed in like a bunch of sardines. We each get a table and the lighting is really good.



In no time at all we had the tables set up and we were up to our elbows in pictures, paper, stickers and embellishments. Not everyone does scrapbooking.The first year I worked on a crocheted baby blanket off and on. Princess Diva, who organizes the event but does not scrapbook funnily enough,  does mosaic tiling


some of the ladies work on family history on their laptops and some make greeting cards. The majority of us are scrapbooking though. One lady who is a demonstrator for Stampin' up takes a good part of the weekend to organize her supplies. Whatever blows your hair back, we have fun doing it.


some are old pros and some are just learning, some check pinterest for inspiration and some of us wing it or borrow page layout ideas from others.


Its great fun to check on what others are doing and get some inspiration, exchange ideas and share supplies. I gave out some of my crocheted flowers and one of the gals made this with three of my little babies:


I had to leave Friday night because E and I had tickets to the Ballet. I did not want to leave but I also wanted to see the ballet. So I went and now I can finally say I have seen the Nutcracker. The Moscow Ballet performed here and it was amazing. Oh to be able to move like that. So fantastic. Sold out crowd. I have seen bits and pieces of the ballet over time but never have seen the whole thing. "Nother thing off the bucket list. I must say the Nutcracker guy had on the tightest white tights I have ever seen, they left NOTHING to the imagination. A little obscene in my mind but that was my own opinion. E and I had a lovely time, I dropped her home after it was all done and headed back to the scrapbooking fun.


We go to midnight the first two nights and then just until 4:00 pm on Sunday. It works out to something like 30 hours of crafting time.  I got 52 pages done. My Maritime trip is finished except for a few embellishments and my No Cook Friday book is almost complete except for three events. I am well pleased with my efforts. KitKat's sister has never scrapbooked before and she did really well. She was making a book of her favorite band the Scorpions. The Banker scrapbooks each year which is what I may start to do. She got 2014 finished.  Kitkat worked on her 50 things for my 50th year book.  We are already looking foreward to next year.

I need to get going on the Christmas crafts now.

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment