Sunday 8 November 2015

In My Happy Place

I had a funny thought about how things are perceived on Friday. I stopped at the pharmacy/corner store to pick up some cat food. While I walked by the novels I spotted the latest Nora Roberts, book one of a trilogy so I snapped it up at it was 25% off. Then came the cat food and two bags of my favourite potato chips as they too were on sale. I took them to the checkout and got the saddest look from the cashier. Well I mean , she just had to be thinking "oh you poor sad thing" There I was gray haired. over weight, buying cat food, a romance novel and chips. She must have been convinced I was preparing for  a sad weekend at the end of my sad week. It made me chuckle as I headed to the car. Nothing could be further from the truth. A quiet weekend but far from sad. I needed a quiet weekend, after another week of having something on every night the previous week. This old girl needed a break from the social upbub. So just remember its not always what it seems. For two weeks now I have had something on every night. Far from sad if you ask me.

I spent the weekend in my happy place. I ignored the dishes, the house work, the yard work, and the errands that needed to be run. I did not do the book club email and I did not wrap the parcels to be mailed. The quilt hoops called my name and I happily lost myself in their siren song.


So I sat down on Saturday morning and indulged my quilting habit for most of the weekend. The end result is this:


I, personally, think its the cutest quilt I have ever made. The Teacher found it on Pinterest and we gave it a go. I am very pleased with the result. Grandma Busy has made the crib skirt an once I get some Owls applied to the Roman blind she will finish making that. I will do bumper pads and hey presto Wee Girl's room will be decorated. My house is a mess but I could care less. I so love quilting and when I get the chance I loose myself in it and don't come up for air until forced.

I am only working two days next week then I have some days off. I have the Nutcracker ballet to attend and a scrapbooking weekend which will be great fun!! I am trying to get organized for that. The Banker, KitKat and KitKat's sister are joining me for a scraptastic weekend. I want to finish my Maritime holiday scrapbook and do a No Cook Friday scrapbook as well. Then next year I think I am going to do a yearly scrapbook like the Banker does. It makes more sense.

I have some time to do all the routine chores and get the place fit again. Housework happens all the time, Little girls only come round every so often. Its not a hard decision to make in my opinion.

Toodles
Linda








No comments:

Post a Comment