Sunday 29 November 2015

For the Love of All Things FINALLY

I have never really put much stock in the validity of astrological signs. I like to read my horoscope occasionally and I find it all sort of amusing but once in a while I think that maybe there is more to this than I am giving it credit for. I am, a Gemini by birth. and I will admit in my head there is always a conversation going on between two beings sometimes more but there is never just one in my inner conversation. Gemini's are twins so I will admit to having a bit of a split personality.

My other thing, is how I can feel one way and act another. Point of fact my hair. I am vain about my hair but know one but me would ever know that. I do not fuss with it, I do not pay it much attention but I am vain about it. I am vain about the fact that it is thick, fine and silky to the touch. In the 70's when I needed it to be. it was as straight as straight could be. It hurts me to no end that as I age its thinning and I do not have near the hair that I used to have. Oh well, its is what it is.  Now that I have confessed to my vanity, you would never know it because this is what it looks like most of the time

Yes really I do go out in public like this. What can I say its how I am. Well even I get to the point where this is not acceptable and something must be done.

A tidy trim and I am fit for public consumption once again. I was finally smart enough to make my next hair appointment before I left the shop this time. Hair appointments are something that I can easily put off and then I end up scaring small children. Just another small step in my hope to become a better person.

This weekend was sort of a busy one. I finally finished knitting a pair of mitts that I had been asked to knit a year ago. I am happy to be done with them. I did that sort of thing this weekend. I finished up some jobs that have been hanging about. I finished the mitts, crocheted a fix on a top for a work friend. The thing looks like a tablecloth so it snags very easy. I stitched a knitted collar back on a little knitted dress for Teddy Bear's granddaughter. The mitts and dress are both black so I needed sunshine to work on them. Old eyes find black hard to work with at night.

I got started Christmas, I did a little shopping, made lists decided what I wanted to craft and what I needed to buy and sorted through my "gift box". I do not have much to purchase this year as I do have some things left over from last year. Instead of doing it all at once I am doing it bit by bit. This saves my energy level and my blood pressure. I was out for a bit on Saturday and it was so crowded I turned tail and headed for home just as quick as I could. I used to love the crowds but now I just get irritated.

These two have the right idea. Stay home and snuggle up on the couch. I took their advice,  after my short shopping trip I mostly stayed home and did my odd jobs. Today I made a pair of puppets that were ordered from a lady who saw my work at a friend's place. A possum and a girlie owl are now ready for their new owners


I made finger puppets last weekend, They were my first try at them. I tried to crochet them but I did not have the right yarn. Felt was the next option. The lady I made them for was very pleased with them which made me happy

Next weekend I hope to start putting out the Christmas things. I want to purge out some stuff this year if I can. I am terribly fond of Christmas things and as a result I have far too many. The herd needs to be thinned.

This week I have something to do or make earmarked for each night of the week. I hope I can stay on track. Christmas is coming at breakneck speed and time seems to slip through my fingers like sand these day. So much to do and so little time. I was going to bake butter tarts this weekend but only just now managed to get the lard for the pastry out of the freezer. Next week it is then, Two dozen tarts are another thing I owe from last year

Toodles,
Linda

P.S. I do know there are spelling mistakes and punctuation errors. Does not seem to matter how many times I proof read they manage to escape me. I hope they amuse if nothing else.





No comments:

Post a Comment