Tuesday 20 October 2015

OHHHH Those are SOOOO CUTE!!!

( as promised this is the second of three posts I wanted to get up on the blog)

The blog post says it all, it was a phrase I heard time and again this weekend. 'Bout made my head puff up to twice its size. The reason was my puppets and I had them up for sale. On Friday night I packed up all my little critters, my dishcloths and some lovely hand knits from Birthday Twin and I set up a booth at the biggest craft sale my city has each year. When I say I packed them up I mean I had a butt load of help from a couple of those good No Cook Friday gals.


KitKat and Teddy Bear lent me some muscle and after our usual fright night supper we loaded down cars and schlepped the stuff to the venue. With lots of hard work we had the booth looking like this in short order.


I think it looks good. I love the little bushel baskets, I think the colours are nice and bright. It looks happy to me. I have done this craft sale thing several times now and I still have things I would tweak.


A garage sale baby bed and baby doll worked nicely to display the snuggle cocoons Birthday Twin knit. Sadly only one sold and one pair of mitts. I felt bad for her, she did a lot of work. I think these will be in big demand in a couple of years when people here figure out what they are for.


Whilst trapped in the hospital I managed to knit rather a lot of dishcloths. They were easy to do and I could do them in my sleep I swear. Ending up with way more than I needed, I took 54 of them with me and brought 14 home. Made me happy


This little puppet theater is another yard sale find and the "jumping off point" for my booth's colour palette. One of my future tweaks involves this theater, what I need is  to have a block of wood with some dowels in it to tuck behind the theater. That way the puppets would sit up higher and be seen better. I also want to add Aunty Linda's Critters to the front of it. So many people asked if I sold the theaters as well.



Something that made me supper happy was hearing people say they had purchased puppets from the first time I was at the sale, (several years ago) and the puppets were still good. That they were still being played with and were hanging in there. I am so happy to know they are durable, washable and stand up to kids.


What better way to announce my name but with a quilt!! It just seemed fitting for some reason.


Yes I took a selfie!! I am the Aunty Linda after all. I was so totally pleased with how well I did. I sold the most of my puppets and dishcloths. I had a lovely day. No Cook gals stopped by now and then to make sure I got to go the the washroom and to see if I needed anything. Teddy Bear helped me dismantle the booth and KitKat cooked us supper. I say people I have not seen for years, ran into some family and chatted up a storm.

I am thinking I may do more of this when I retire. I enjoy it, I like watching the people and it makes me happy that people love my little critters. I was invited to two more craft sales this year but I just don't have the stock. No time to make more either. I am ok with that. I do not want making puppets to become a job, I want to enjoy it. So I have made note of what I would do different next time and I will think about other craft sales, next year.

For now I have Christmas crafting to get at and quilts that still need quilting. Always something to do around here. Don't you just love it!!

Toodles,
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment