Monday 19 October 2015

Many Things to be Thankful for

Miss Mouse sent me a text and invited me to have thanksgiving with them. I practically snapped her arm off!! An absolutely perfect reason to get out of the city, go somewhere and see some of my favourite faces after a year of not seeing them. PLUS it was a chance to see the Tater Tot as he is two years old now and the last time I saw him he was not walking yet, Grandma Busy likes to say he is still not walking, he is running!! Not to mention the real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in this trip was the Wee Girl. She was bringing her parents to the homestead. I needed no more incentive to throw my clothes in a bag and hit the road.

Before I go on and on about the babies, just let me say it felt wonderful to just go. I have been tied to the city for some time not and the freedom to jump into the car and go was sorely missed.

I headed to the Carpenter and Busy's house and then we traveled together to The Farmer and Miss Mouse's house. These two have moved and I no longer knew how to get to their farm. Now I do (insert evil laugh!!) We arrived in good time and it was so nice to see them. Since I was sick most of this year I did not get to visit much and while videos are wonderful they are not the real thing. The Teacher and the Pilot arrived rather late, having endured the dreaded "first trip home with the baby". Lets not dwell on it but the trip took twice as long as it normally would have and we may never get them to travel anywhere again until she is 18. (thankfully the trip home for them was not as bad)

But I know we were all ever so grateful to get a chance to love all over this pretty little personage;


She is beyond adorable and such a tiny little bundle. Perfectly made to snuggle and just dote your little heart out over.


We got acquainted, and I got to do the thing I like to do. rock a baby. The Wee Girl and I took a selfie to commemorate the event.

We speculated how Tater Tot would react to her, especially being held by his Mommy, Grandma and the most beloved "Papa". This little man is a real grandpa's boy and always wants to know where Papa is . We imagined some jealousy rearing its ugly head. Some tears, some tantrums ............What do we know???

Not one bit of it Tater Tot really likes the Wee Girl. He is enchanted with her. "nice nice baby" was the chant of the day. He did try to turn her on like the Ipad with a little poke in the belly and was interested in touching her eyes or finding out what was up her nose but he soon understood he should not touch her face unless he was wanting to give her a kiss. For being two he was very gentle with her.


Not a bit of jealousy when Papa held her, or Grandma or even Mommy. No tears no tantrums.

Papa, Tater Tot and the Wee Girl

 He wanted to see her,, touch her hair and give her a kiss or two. He seems to think she is quite ok



H liked to be near her and loved to get to hold her and lay beside her but when he was done he was off like a shot. Dude is a busy man and has lots to get done in a day.

The only time he is still it seems is when he has Grandma's Ipad and listening to the animal sounds or playing some games. This little smarty pants is better on my phone than I am. It took no time at all for him to cruise through my videos and find his favourites.



The Teacher and the Pilot have a pug/Boston cross and she came for the weekend too. Tater Tot loves her too.


Pup had some reservations about this new friendship although once again Tater Tot did really well for being two. Two is full of energy and sometimes does not know the limits but he gets it. He knows to be nice and tries hard to be gentle.


Finding a safe spot at my feet

We had a lovely long weekend. Lots of catching up. baby snuggles, toddler playing, eating, planning and just general family stuff. I am always and ever grateful that I am included.


Oh yes she is a keeper for sure.


Thanks to my fancy phone I have lots more pictures and videos to look back on. Precious memories. Happy times with family.

It was so nice on Sunday night we even had a bonfire: This was a first for me for a Thanksgiving weekend.


The time slipped by all too fast and before you knew it, it was time to head home. Sigh. back to reality but lots of happy times to look back on.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment