Saturday 22 August 2015

Snippets

I never realize how much I rely on the computer until I did not have internet access. I tried all the things I knew that the support guy would ask me if I did but I missed unplugging one stupid cord. The modem cord. The nice young man at the help desk was polite enough not to laugh at me when I discovered I had missed that one and was not smart enough to keep this certain fact to myself. I have the internet back, I will check the stupid modem cord first next time and I am moving on.

My leg is healed. I am dressing change, doctor poking things into it, making it bleed and me cry, gauze stuffing, trooping to the hospital daily free. The Dr pronounced my leg solid with no need to see him again and advised me to keep it compressed. This odyssey began 244 days ago. I am so happy to be done with it all, the pain, the mess, the fear, the slow healing process. Its so good to be done. I have two dimples in my shin now as a souvenir of all this. They may fill in in time and I think I will always have a slight scare from getting cut into and stitched up but I have my leg. That is all that matters to me.

I am also getting back to feeling like me again. I know this because I am getting back into the grove of doing stuff. I have started again to do some house work each night. That works so well for me in the past, I decided with my new found energy, I would make it a habit again.  This leaves my weekend  free to do fun things. It coming back with each passing day. I did not know how blech I was but now I do. It was not pretty.

Today I spent the majority of the day sewing quilt squares. This Desi snoozing at my side, I got to work on the next queen sized quilt. I need to get this one  made as it is the one I donate to the church and its already been paid for. If I had had it finished I could have got it delivered this week but I m just starting.  I did make a donation quilt  earlier this year but I had the chance to sell it so I agreed to sell the first one and make another. Its an easy quick pattern, picked out by the person that won the auction so I will have the squares all sewn up by later tonight or tomorrow and then I can assemble them into a top. Thankfully I have the backing on hand but I will need to get the batt. Next time quilt batt goes on sale I hope I can stock up a bit so I have some on hand. I have made four quits and have four more to go.

Desi is my buddy, of the two cats he is the one that just wants to be where I am. Lucy, loves attention but she likes to retire upstairs for her naps. Where as Desi likes to keep an eye on me. Sometimes right by my side, and sometimes on the pile of laundry on the dining room floor. Either way I am guarded.



It was a perfect day for quilt making. It was raining and windy. The first fingers of fall are starting to reach out. The air has changed. The nights are cool, the colours are changing. Autumn is in the air. I love this season it is by far my most favourite time of the year. Cool and crisp, beautiful colour palette. I like it, its quilts, baskets, apples and pumpkins. Its crispy crunchy leaves underfoot and a nip in the air. I just wish it lasted longer.

Ah it is good to be back on the net, talking away to myself,

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment