Sunday 17 May 2015

A Dark and Stormy Night

Well to be honest its been a dark and stormy last two days. The wind howling to the point where I fear for the roof or at very least the shingles. Tree branches are taking a beating and dumpsters are flopping over in surrender. Of course all this is taking place on the May long weekend. pity for all those die hard campers and cottagers.

My cold lingers on but I have discovered Drixoral nasal spray which actually works for me for the 12 hours they say on the package. Once it gives up my sinuses slam shut until I can find the bottle again. It lets me sleep at night which means the world. Now if I could just find the snooze bar on one of the cats things would be perfect. Desi is very vocal and likes to have me up at the same hour every day. The wind last night caused him some concern as well for which he felt the need to sing the song of his people for most of the night.

My leg still heals and I am off now until July 12th. I feel  in my heart of hearts that my leg is going to be better by then. I need to get my stamina back. I have the ok from the Doctor to start to work at doing just that.

So things are chugging along as always, puppets are being made, quilts are in process, the great purge of 2015 is still going on. The Garage Sale is on May 30th so I have to be done by then. Tuesday night we are gathering to price things. I hope to have the last of my boxes filled with purged items. I finally got the loom up for sale but have not had one bite. I wish it would sell. It mocks me now.

I found my shelf!!!! I found the shelf!!! I have not lost my mind. It was in the basement on the top of the shelving unit where I store my old paint. Had I not gone down to change the smoke alarm battery and then had I not gone looking for a little can of paint I have no idea when I would have found it. How it got there I have no memory. I care not for the how but I am thrilled that the lost is found. Onward now to getting a light stick to attach to it, and then a slap of paint so it can take its place over the stove. The tea tins will be back where they belong and all will be well with the world once more.

Best Friend was here for the better part of the week,. It is always lovely to have company. We did not do an awful lot but rest and chat. We have never had any problem in the chatting department. She left on Saturday and the house felt empty as it always does when the visitors leave. I have been working on the puppets since she left. I find it hard to settle into a routine after company so at least working on the critters is productive.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment