Sunday 9 November 2014

Retail Therapy

Yesterday was a lovely day. The Banker, Teddy Bear, KitKat and I headed to the big City of a spot of shopping, fabulous lunch and some girl time. We hit a fabulous fabric store where I got some quilt fixin's , the Banker got new material for drapes for her living room and KitKat (Choir of Angels SING) got some drapery material for her house. More on that later. We lunched at Olive Garden and cracked a bottle of wine. A rare treat for a special occasion. We then hit Pier One Imports and ended the day at Costco. Costco on a Saturday is a madhouse, a night mare but we braved the crowds and snagged some deals. I have pecans enough for Christmas baking and a good start on the Christmas gift list. We headed back home and had supper here before we headed back to home and hearth. It was a lovely, lovely day. So many laughs and good times.

Today has been upside down. I have neither crust nor crumb in the house so I had to get up, get out of bed and go get breakfast this morning. I did not even have coffee in the house. The need for coffee will do amazing things to a person. So much for my usual lazy Sunday morning. I am up, been out and now I am just waiting for the time to pass so I can deliver some stuff to the Banker, go for groceries then come home to start to clean house. Not the ordinary crafty Sunday on the old homestead. Ah well, Its been a grand weekend so far.

Today I also hope to make a couple of pots of soup. I will freeze it up and have it on hand for lunches. I promised myself that after this weekend, I will need to start on a strict budget. I had a look at the old finances the other day and I need to start putting back, paying up for the trip to the Maritimes if I plan to get to Scotland next year. The lottery people are not cooperating with my financial planning. I will have to take matters into my own hands until they kick in their bit.

I was going to go on a bit about KitKat's drapes. She owns a lovely trailer but the decor is well and truly 1980's. She wants to update but has little to no money. The carpet in the living room is blue, a dark blue and a major expense to replace. KitKat has us, the No Cook Ladies, who love to decorate and have a million opinions. We consulted and we think she should paint the walls a neutral colour, add orange drapes, and work with the blue carpet. accent with hits of teal and other colours we can pull from the drapes material.  KitKat does not make decisions quickly, she can dither better than the best of them. Yesterday we found material that she loves, a textured  orange and an orange print  for drape panels. I am so excited. Its a step foreward. With the Banker and I to sew for her, Teddy Bear and the others help with painting and other bits, the cost is being kept down to a dull roar. I have a plan. I have some pillow forms and some straps from Miss Mouse's crib quilt set. If I can find enough material, I want to cover the forms in teal and surprise her with them when we go to plan out how we will do the drapes. KitKat needs to see the results, she has a hard time to imagine the finished results. I am so looking forward to  getting her place fixed up. Its going to look amazing.

If I get done a few projects that I have planned for today, I will be back on here with some pictures.

Have a lovely day!!

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment