Monday 17 November 2014

Day Late

I swear to goodness I have no idea where Sunday went. I got up, had breakfast, ran a couple of errands, did some sewing and the day was GONE!! I still had a ton of things on my "To Do" list to be done. WTF!!! I was not happy. I treasure my days off and when one of them slips through my fingers like water through a sieve I am not amused. Amazingly enough I pouted to no end and time did not reverse itself. The bastard!!

I do not usually go out on Sunday but I needed to get some things so I made myself go. I braved the frigid wind and hit Michael's. I am now totally prepared for scrapbooking next weekend. Not only that I have all the stuff in one place, ready to go. No scurrying around the house at the last minute like a demented squirrel. I have all my pictures printed and picked up. This is a first for me. Its great to be organized for once. I pre-bought some embellishments but not too many. I will have a better idea of what I need when I get working on the albums. I have enough to work with.

I stopped at Fabricland on my way home and had to deal with a clerk who simply did not listen to what I was asking for. I wanted cord that is plain, the type you cover with your own material The  woman kept asking me what colour I needed.  After the third go round of her asking me about the colour and me explaining that I did not need a certain colour, I was covering it with my own material,  I crumbled and said the red would do. She then wanted to know if I was sure because she thought it did not match my material. OMG!!!!

I made these yesterday,


I had some scraps from making Tater Tot's crib set and I found some material that was a close enough match to make the backs and the cord covers  at Fabricland, 40% off sale!!!! These are a surprise for KitKat. I want to have them on hand when we go to her place to check out what to do with the curtains. I want her to see what some hits of teal will do for the overall look. She can't quite visualize it finished so I thought these would help. I had the pillow forms on hand from my last garage sale coup. I hope she likes them. If not I can redo them.

I started to work on a new quilt yesterday too.



I found the pattern on Pinerest and I think its a good way to use scraps. It will be one of the two that I have orders for. The lady wants them by the end of January so I need to hustle since I have two others to make which if you are adding means 4 queen sized quilts need to be made before March.

10 more flower buttons made and that was my day. Short, sweet and done before I was ready for it to be over.

Off to work on the quilt.........well maybe a little nap first

Toodles
Linda









No comments:

Post a Comment