Monday 10 November 2014

A Little Cardboard and Material

I took today off as tomorrow is a stat holiday and I did not feel like going to work for a day then having a day off. I have been slowly puttering around at projects and things that need to be done. I have finally started to touch up the paint on the stairs. Its needed doing for some time now. I am working on cleaning the kitchen and the dining room. I finally got to Walmart and Dollarama today. I have been just doing a little of this and a little of that. Nothing earth shattering but getting things done. Got some stocking stuffers today which was not on the list but the opportunity presented itself. I purged some stuff off the top of the hutch in the kitchen. This that and the other. All needs to be done but nothing that someone would walk in here and say WOW, look at what you did.

One thing I did do today that may be WOW worthy, at least it is to me, was give my DVD cabinet an update. I had originally wanted to get something built that would blend in with the wall unit that holds the tv and I bought this cheap little shelf as a stop gap. Well not sure when or if the custom made job will appear so this may be the way we go for a long time. I never liked the fact that you could see the folds in the back. It just shrieked, cheap, flat pack, fake fake fake. With a little Pinerest inspiration, some cardboard and a material, the whole thing has a new look now. It only took minutes. Pictures are a little blurry but you get the idea.


(Before) I have a black curtain on the front of it to hide the DVD's. 


(After). I like it. It hides all the folds and gives the whole thing a little interest.

I got the quilt finished and ready to go to Busy's niece for Christmas. I have had it done for a week now but I had not taken its picture until today. I just love the pink and black colour combo. Its girly without being too precious. The flannelette on the back is a pretty pink and white floral. All in all I am pleased with the result, I hope its what they wanted. Now I can start on the next quilt on the list. I never get tired of having quilts to make.



Next project on the horizon, Crocheted button flowers. 


Ok I have to admit, I am a little OCD and these little flower buttons have brought it out in me full force, they are so fun to make. I am making them for a work friend. She wants them for a scrapbooking event as embellishments to add to gift bags. She needs a big bunch but I can tell you its going to be no problem to make them. I am aiming for 450 and they don't have to be done until April next year.

Can we say obsessed??


There are 100 here in this pile and I am not sick of them yet. I plan to make some for myself to use for scrap booking. Its a fantastic way to use a bit of the crochet cotton I have stashed in the house. They make up so quick and they are so cute. They could be used in a lot more ways than scrapbooking. Endless possibilities.

No soup made yet, no laundry done but other things have been accomplished. This having days off is awesome. I could get used to having my days to myself. Right now I need to make some supper, and then churn out some more button flowers!! Its a good way to spend a cold gloomy evening.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment