Saturday 15 November 2014

And So it Begins and a Halloween Party

I actually got started on the promises I made to myself, to start to get things done. I have numerous projects to be working on and I need to get the house spit spot and, well the "to do" list just goes on and on and on. So I got at it today!! I want to have the Banker, KitKat, and Teddy Bear over to binge watch The Outlander on of these days, I need the house fit for prime time.

Today I worked on the kitchen. The kitchen seems to be a recurring theme on this blog but that is because its a recurring mess. I got it beat back into submission, filled some boxes with donation stuff, reorganized a cupboard, all while doing some laundry. Not bad. The fridge still needs a good going over but I will save that for another day. I made up my Christmas list and hope to get some ordered tomorrow on the internet. I am going to take a crack at this on line shopping malarkey. I want some things that you just cannot get at the stores.

I hemmed two pairs of jeans and started on another quilt. I have an order for two queen sized ones and the lady would like them by the end of January. Needless to say they will be simple and as pretty as I can make them. She has no colour preference so they will be scrap happy little numbers. I made twenty more flower buttons and found a knitting pattern I need for a Christmas gift.

I have some errands to run tomorrow. Pick up the last of the Maritime picture reprints because next weekend is the scrapbooking retreat. I have to make a Michael's run for some last minute supplies and a quick stop at the fabric store for some crafty supplies of another nature. I will share pictures later. The Dining room with get the next on the cleaning hit list.

Tonight E and I went a saw "Oh What A Night". A tribute band performing Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons hits. It was amazing. I loved it from the start to finish and as always I had a horrible time to not be singing. I did sing but I tried to keep it quiet enough that only I know I am doing it. No one paid good money to hear me sing. I will have these songs stuck in my head for some time now. I really need to get a Four Season's Greatest Hits CD.

Friday night the No Cook Friday Group had a belated Halloween party at The Banker's house. Talking of Oh What a Night!! We had the best time. She had written up menu's in RUSSIAN no less and we had to pick certain things off the menu for our supper. Without knowing what you were picking until it arrived in front of you I got this


Meatballs and carrots in a big old casserole dish, salad, and a cupcake. I got a knife to eat with. I was lucky poor KitKat got a toothpick. Hard to eat mashed potatoes with a toothpick but she did her best.  Oh yes some got pot lids and one actually got a plate. It was so much fun. We were allowed forks after awhile but I manages very nicely with my butter knife.


We snarfed down more cupcakes and then ended the evening by playing Dutch Blitz. A fast paced card game that got us giggling so hard we were exhausted at the end of the evening. Oh and did I mention that instead of wearing costumes, we wore mustaches? The Banker made us up each a treat bags with her left over Halloween candy. It was all so much fun. For being supposedly grown mature women we can dissolve into 10 year old giggly squealy tweens in short order.


Our treat bags also had those silly little plastic maze games that got our full attention for some time.  I swear mine is defective. Those stupid little metal balls did nothing but race around the edge of the plastic case and stubbornly refused to go into the maze.


This is Halloween town. Its a collection of little Halloween houses from dollar stores that is her version of a Dickon's village for Halloween. The big black house is one made by one of her grandchildren, out of Popsicle sticks.  There are haunted trees and all manner of goulish little people out and about in the town.  Its so cute and I had visions of doing this myself but I have not been able to find any little houses cheap. I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for them. So I have given up on that idea.

That is my weekend in a nutshell so far. I hope tomorrow is a productive as today. Now I am off to bed, Well actually to make the bed so I can go to bed. I washed sheets today.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment