Tuesday 20 May 2014

Best Laid Plans Are More Fun When They Change

So I had a plan for the weekend. It was simple straight foreward and full of things that needed to be done. I was going to get groceries, do errands, do yard work, clean the house, make laundry soap, do laundry and work on my quilt. Then the day started and very little went according to plan!! I loved it.

I got groceries, came home to have my breakfast when the phone rang. Teddy Bear was at the local fabric store....... could I come and give her some advice. When we painted her kitchen, I covered her kitchen chairs with outdoor fabric but she has two little grandsons and they did the fabric in. Vinyl was the next best idea. So I finished my biscuit, slugged down my coffee and went off to help her out. We got some lovely blue vinyl and then we chatted about getting foam to beef up the softness of the seats. I knew we could get it cheaper at a hardware store. She, shyly asked if we could go. I said sure, I wanted to go anyway, I needed to get new kitchen taps, some grout and a board so we piled into my car and off we went.

We got my stuff, went to Wally World and got the foam, then we decided lunch was needed. Teddy Bear treated me to lunch because I will be recovering her chairs for her an she is a sweetheart. After lunch we went to the flooring place where The Banker works the odd weekend and had a chat with her. It was after 2:00 before I got home again. I got home in time for it to start to spit rain. Bang goes raking the yard!!. The rest of the weekend was a blur of crocheting, laundry, working on the quilt, napping and fighting with the kitchen. I love love love it when this sort of thing happens. Yard work and house work will always be there but good times with friends are precious and must be grabbed when you can.

I have simply come to the conclusion that my kitchen is possessed or is like a defiant teenager, it refuses to stay clean. I can beat it into submission and then I turn around and its a total mess again. ARRGH!!!! I will win this fight. I hate having a house that is totally a disaster. I have lived in one too long. So the battle is on and I will be victorious! If you drop water on a stone long enough the stone washes away. My new plan is to do a little every day and I will win the fight. 

Tonight its gonna be, empty and reload the dish washer. Bag the garbage and clean off the dining room table. The whole house is a mess, not just the kitchen so I will do a little here and there each night. I moved a lot of stuff off the kitchen table today as most of it went to the office. A mountain of magazines were looked at, and now have moved on to the coffee room at work. Better there than here at my house. 

I was given a big bag of yarn from a co-worker. So this weekend I dumped it out, sorted through it and crocheted three mats for under the cats food dishes form some chunky yarns that were in the bag. I can now change them out and wash them as needed. They are nice and bright and recycled which makes me happy. The super cheap IKEA mat that she eats on now is very stained and yucky looking. 

Well my dishwasher is calling, I need to do my bit tonight then I can watch DWTS finale. Good times.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment