Sunday 6 October 2013

Weekend Windup

Why is it the weekends just fly by? There is never enough time to get everything done and its Sunday night the second after its Friday 4:30. I certainly enjoy my weekends I just wish they were longer.More time, more energy and more things crossed off the old "to do" list.

Its been a lovely weekend, cool and crisp. I love Autumn. I love the colours and the coolness to the air. I have decided that its time to get out the flannel sheets and shut the windows at night. Sigh. Time just keeps moving on.

I actually made a big pot of vegetable soup tonight. Its delicious, if I do say so myself. A big bowl of soup and herbed biscuits with sweet butter were a perfect supper for this fall day. I finally have something to take for lunch next week. I have to get back on track again, take off all the pounds that have snuck back onto me again. Dang things never seem to go too far before they are back again. So its got to be back to healthy eating and back to walking again. I am soooo tired of dragging this around with me.

This weekend I did precious little in my house, no yard work but I did do some knitting and worked on some puppets. The Banker and I went over to Teddy Bear's house and we tiled some trim around her bath tub. It looks really good. It took all after noon Saturday because we spend more time chatting, drinking coffee and giggling than actually working.

Today I was at Hummingbird's house, helping her get her head wrapped around making slip covers for her couch and chairs. I did precious little but offer the odd suggestion and guide her along. She has the right idea but she needs a little courage to make the start. I cannot wait to see the finished project. I think she is going to do a fabulous job.

I came home from there, did laundry, made soup and knit. Oh yes and I continued to order prints of my Ireland pictures. This is proving to be a lengthy process. I do not care, it gives me a chance to look them over again and again and again. I will eventually have a photo album to take to show people and lots more prints to keep to myself. No one will want to be subjected to having to look at all of the pictures. I have a lot of them :-)

Miss Mouse called this afternoon with emails and pictures of the quilt set she wants for the Farmer Boy's nursery. I am as happy as a wiggly puppy over this. I have waited for years to be able to do this for her. She has picked her own pattern and material, I shall simply do that assembling. I am looking foreward to it. I love to make baby things. With Mamabug expecting again and the Farmer Boy showing up I have the potential to get to do more than one or two baby things. Happy! Happy! Happy!

Toodles,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment