Sunday 20 October 2013

Sunday Stuff or You Know its Cold When

Ok you know its cold when you walk into your house and the furnace is running. What is significant about that you may wonder? Well my furnace was turned down to 10 C. (I have not turned in on this year yet). It got cold enough in here that the furnace came on all by its self. I was going to turn  it on this weekend but Mother Nature beat me to the punch. The flannel sheets go on the bed tonight. I have been meaning to do it for a while now but today is the day. I don't want to walk into my bedroom and see Mother Nature remaking the bed because my own dumb self has not gotten around to it.  Icy sheets have lost their appeal. Hot flashes be darned, I need some snugly soft sheets.

I have been a busy bunny, No time for much of anything this week and I LIKE IT. I have had something on the agenda every night and its been wonderful!! Started out with an evening spent attached to my sewing machine doing all my mending jobs, then Book Club, then local theater production of Shrek, then No Cook Friday, Saturday trip to the big city to shop out Ikea and Costco, then off today to another city to have my cards read with friends. I am at last at home and trying to do somethings about the house before Monday then I am back to work and  off to the ballet in the evening.

For someone who still has not dealt with all the things that she brought back from Ireland, the Ikea and Costco booty don't stand much of a chance. My house could star on Hoarders at the moment. This afternoon  I did manage laundry, dishes and soup making. I have moved half the Costco stuff to my kitchen and out of the entry way. I have sorted out the Christmas gifts from what is mine in the Ikea bags and that is it so far. Oh yes and I am washing and re-blocking a piece of cross stitch for a friend.

I have to finish my puppets for the sale on this coming Saturday. I have one mouse and a turtle to create then I will have all I am taking with me. I have to do the neck inserts, a neck insert is a small pocket sewn into the neck of each puppet to keep the stuffing in their little heads and allow your finger to slide into the head with ease. Sounds painful but I assure you the puppet feels nothing. I have not done one of them yet and I have over 60 puppets. I see nothing but little neck inserts in my coming week. I should have done them as I went along but I didn't because for some reason I don't like making them. Its strange I know but I just don't like doing them. Perhaps I will develop a fondness for them after 60 all at once.

So speaking of puppets I need to get at the last two. I hope you all have had a lovely weekend.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment