Sunday 27 October 2013

Its Sunday Already

My oh my how quickly these weekends go by. Today was wonderful, I did not wake to the sound of the alarm clock going off. It does not matter if I am getting up to do something I REALLY want to do or if I am getting up for work, I do not like to wake to the sound of the alarm. I did find it seriously amusing when I woke for the first time this morning it was exactly at the time the clock would have gone off. I had a chuckle, rolled over and went back to sleep.

After breakfast, I trotted my self and my Canadian Tire money to the store and finally got another vacuum for the downstairs. I can take the other one back upstairs again and no longer have to step over it in the dining room. Getting the new one for $20.00 made it all the sweeter. I love Canadian Tire money. I heard a rumor they may do away with it. Sigh, I like to collect it and then get stuff for the house for cheap or for free.

Its cold, overcast and just a typical fall day today. It was a perfect day to be in the sewing room, a spicy scented candle burning, (making the house smell like fall), working at the sewing machine. I had the best day. Nothing I like better than creating something and today I spent the entire afternoon and most of the evening, creating. Fun, fun, fun. I cannot post pictures just yet, these creations need to be seen by their owner first before the rest of the world gets to. I am pleased with the outcome and I am hoping the recipient will be equally pleased.

I also made a quick trip to Michael's to get some of the stuff for my Ireland scrap book. I have to get back at ordering pictures so I have the ones I need for my scrap booking retreat in November. I cannot wait to get it done. I just have to get the stuff to make it. Lots of stuff on 50% off at the store today I got some stickers, paper and an album. Its a start. I have done one scrap booking weekend before and it was ok. I have high hopes for this one. Its going to be less formal and more fun. Fewer people and I know most of them. Not that would make a differenc, but I know these ladies are fun!! The Banker is coming with me so it will be a super fun weekend. We will both be working on our Ireland books, it will be like reliving it all again.

Now I am going to start on the church quilts. I have the time to get at them and would love to have them done before Christmas time so I can get them delivered. The tops for these are made so I just need to quilt them. I need to do one for myself as well but I still cannot decide if I should widen the quilt on my bed because I love it but its a double and my bed is now queen, or if I should make an entire new quilt. I have not found a pattern that grabs me and I do like my old one but its 10 years old and really could be replaced. I think I will have to give this decision some more thought. Perhaps the universe will show me the answer.

Well its time to go check the dryer and see if that load of laundry is finished. I was amazed today at something that I never used to give a thought to.  I make my own laundry soap and today doing the last load I ran out of my own stuff. I have some commercial soap on hand for just this situation but it has been a long time since I have used it. Oiy the smell!! It was so perfumed I nearly gagged!! It was so weird to see the tub fill up with suds. It looked so wrong!! I will get another batch of my own made asap, needless to say. Turns out I perfer it to the bought stuff. Who knew????

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment