Monday 14 October 2013

Giving Thanks

Just home from a lovely weekend with family. The Carpenter and Busy invited me to come and share the weekend, turkey dinner and some family time with them. We had such a good weekend. The Carpenter was working, that man is always working but we did get to see him in between jobs. Busy and I get along very well and as a result we managed to put in the time very nicely. It was a weekend spent catching up on all the family news and baby talk.

I helped her finish canning her tomatoes, I subjected them to my Ireland pictures and I finally got to see her pictures from Peru. We had lunch with her Mother, went for a walk on a perfect Autumn day and we ate. Lordy we ate well. One never goes away hungry from their house. None of the kids were home but there were lot of photos of the little Farmer Boy to be oggled and I even got to see him on skype. Squeee!!! I cannot wait to get my hands on the little man. I hear from very reliable sources that he is a snuggle bug who loves to cuddle up with you. We had a full turkey dinner, and their boarder, a handsome young man who comes from Poland, joined us for the feast.

As always, Thanksgiving makes me look back and think over all that I have to be thankful for and trust me the list is miles long. I am blessed with a good family, good home, extremely good friends and  a very good life. Its a lot be grateful for and I cherish each and every one of my blessings. I got to go to Ireland (a life long dream come true) I am going to finally get to go to the Huron Carole, and my No Cook Friday Group is still going strong after three years of getting together. I could go on and on and on, but I will say there is one bright and shinning moment in the year that out does all the rest.

It is captured in this one picture. This fills my heart, and leaks out my eyes with happiness. Seeing this happiest of smiles on this most beloved face, put there by  the precious bundle snuggled safely in his Mommy's arms is almost more happy than I can stand.

Words fail to convey the feeling but know that this grateful feeling  is big and grand and heartfelt. If this feeling makes me puddle up when I think about it, I think I am entitled. Sweet baby boy, you have been wanted, expected, loved, prayed and hoped for, you are a wish come true.

Welcome, welcome Little Farmer Boy, I loved you before I met you and I am so glad you are part of our family. 


Toodles
Great Aunty Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment