Tuesday 19 April 2022

Stop Shaking the Snowglobe!!

 We got our winter storm although not as bad as they had predicted but bad enough. I was so grateful that I was able to stay home and not have to go out in it. I even managed, thanks to Superstore and the Banker to get my grocery order a day ahead of when I had ordered it. This way if the power did go out I could freeze to death with snacks.







We had no snow before these shenanigans happened. I do admit that we did not get hit as hard as some parts of the country but it was still disheartening none the less. We are due to have more of the lovely white stuff this week. They said a long cold spring and I think this time they were right. 

I finally, finally, finally got into the green spare room today and got working on getting it organized. It became a dumping ground when Busy and the Carpenter were here working on the house. Its going to remain a bit of a catch all since storage is so limited in my house. It can be a catch all without being a total mess. I have taken so very long to get at it but today was the day and I got a good deal of it done. It still needs work but its looking a lot better than it was. As always it did not take as long as I thought it would. That always happens and I always insist on making a mountain out of a mole hill. Gotta work on that.

Here is the before

And here is the after:

At last all the pumpkins have been tucked away before its fall again and time to get them out once more. 

So the plan is that tomorrow night I am going to host book club. It will be the first time in a very long time that I have had them all here. Its nice to be able to invite them without having a panic about getting the house fit for prime time. I have a few jobs to do but nothing like I would have in the past. I am just hoping that the weather does not put a kink in the plans.

Not much else to tell. I think I will go and knit for a bit and then go do some dishes and dust. 

Toodles Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment