Tuesday 26 April 2022

Feels Like Spring is Never Gonna Come

 Honestly, last weekend we had rain, lightening, thunder, sleet, snow the whole shebang! It was not fun. I, and I know I am not alone in this, am more than fed up with the crap weather. I mean I could deal with a long cold spring but do we have to have the snow and sleet?? I am yearning for green things, buds on trees and tulips poking up  from their beds to meet the sun. One small gift this morning was as I looked out the kitchen window, a chubby, cheeky robin was sitting in my backyard. hopping about. Inspite of the fact that he looked a bit like he was regretting his choices, for me, he was bringing with him the promise that maybe, just maybe spring will come eventually.

Lets move on from the predictable, depressing conversation about the weather. I hosted book club this week. It was so nice to have the ladies here and to get together once again. It feels like its been forever. We didn't spend much time on the book but we did catch up on all of our news.




Two members were not with us but those that were seemed to have a good time. They stayed until nearly 10 which is a good sign of an enjoyable night.

I have had a round of cellulitis in my feet this last week or so. I am just done with this one thing after another. I am sick of being sick. I need a break. I need to have some time where I feel like me, where I feel like I want to do something other than sleep. So I am back on antibiotics


They have made a big improvement in how I feel but I am on my last day and the cellulitis is not totally gone. I will call and get some more because I want this gone.

I will say that yesterday and today have been the first days in a long time that I have felt much better. I actually covered cushions for a friend yesterday. I have not felt like doing that sort of thing for a long time. I have been knitting but its because I force myself to. 


I love this material and it matches nicely with my new couch. I am hoping I can make a cushion cover for my recliner with some of the scraps. 

Well I should go and see if I can find something for lunch and then see if I can interest myself in doing some crafting. My cleaning lady just left so my place looks lovely and I won't want to do anything to mess it up but I am toying with the idea of starting to quilt one of my flimsys. Who know what will happen.

Toodles Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment