Tuesday 21 September 2021

Tuesday Stuff

 Another week has come and gone and I'm not sure what I did but I managed to pass the time one way or the other. I still revel in the fact that I am not having to go to work. I can spend the days doing much as I please and I don't miss work, I have not found anything to dislike about retirement. The money could be better but in time it will be. So no complaints here, just a happy bunny bouncing around doing things that make her happy.

Speaking of making me happy, another block for the Christmas quilt has been completed. We got this weeks emailed today and I am itching to get going on that as well. This was last weeks pattern:


Two sweet candy canes to add to the growing pile. Apparently we are nearly to the half way mark on this quilt-a-long.

I did a bit of decorating for fall. I have a thing for pumpkins, I love them. We were chatting about pumpkins at No Cook one night and the Banker made a remark to the effect of "what you don't have enough pumpkins to go all the way up the stairs?". A light bulb went off, I never thought to put them on the stairs. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!


I am about four short to have some on every step. What a surprise! Not to mention that only two of them are not handmade by me. These are the soft pumpkins. If they get kicked down the stairs they will not break. I have a shit ton  several breakable pumpkins that are not going to live on the stairs. I also have the materials to make the four that are lacking. ( another shocker)


 decided to just concentrate on the entryway this year. I think this is enough. Oh my I do love the fall.

I have started again to knit on my donation hats and scarves. I started on or before I retired  but then Covid hit and the shelter was not taking donations. I hope they will be able to this year. I find this is a good way to use up left over scraps of yarn.


I nearly have a garbage bag filled and I still have tons of yarn sitting about waiting to be used. Its great to sit an knit on these and watch tv. They are easy knitting.

I have discovered Pod Casts. Once again I am well behind the rest of the world but I am enjoying watching pod casts. So far I only watch the Crafty Toads and have started from the beginning, I try to get in one a day and they are all about knitting,  they make project bags and they are in two book clubs. I feel like they are my people. I know there are millions of pod casts out there but I am dipping my toe in slowly so far its been very enjoyable.

I made a Pokemon hat for a friend. As usual, no pattern, just a picture  so I gave it my best shot. It was a gift for a newborn.


The purchaser was very pleased and from the picture he shared of the newborn wearing it along with  Dad in his matching hat, I gathered they were pleased as well. That always makes me happy. I got a hug from the young man that commissioned it and he gives the best hugs of anyone I have every met. I have had several from him in the years I have known him and they are all memorable.

The house cleaning is coming along. Slow and steady. I have a long way to go but I have come a long way. Its what it always is. 

Toodles.

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment