Monday 13 September 2021

Bit of this, Bit of that.

For the last two weeks, Facebook has been serving me up memories of my trip to Ireland. Today I got the memory that it was our last day there and we were flying home. I am so grateful I got to go. It was a dream for so many years and then it became a reality. I treasure each and every memory, I love to pour over my albums of pictures and my scrapbooks,  I would go back in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Ireland holds a piece of my heart without a doubt. 


Aw memories! How blessed I am to have good ones,

The No Cooks did a road trip on Friday. We took a run out to a small town close to ours, just a half hour drive. The Banker had arranged for us to have a tour of a store there that showcases local artists. What a lovely place. Its the sort of store I love. In an older building, all the things displayed so nicely. Art and antiques, fabulous smells and wonderful colour to fill your senses. The owner was so gracious to open her doors for us after hours and let us meander about.


Personally I could have spent a ton of money in there. Sometimes its good to be on a fixed income. I did get a couple of things, a Christmas ornament and some of the most delicious candy ever. Lots of pottery and some beautiful wooden biscuit barrels that I wanted so bad but they will have to keep for another day. We then had supper at the wood fired pizza place and dessert at the new ice cream stand. That being done, we headed home. Well some of us did. Half of us had to wait on the CAA guy to come and give us a boost as we killed the battery. No harm done, we managed to chatter away until he showed up and gave the battery a boost. Poor guy, a half hour drive for two minutes of work. There was no one around or we could have gotten someone else to do it, we had  cables.  Small town, no traffic. Thank Goodness for CAA.

So I am up to date again on my Christmas Quilt blocks. These last ones were very cute, a little more challenging and yet not too bad. We needed to make four this time.



Mine are a little wonky but in the big picture they will be fine. Some day I should post the picture of what it will look like when its all finished. I have another top ready for a donation quilt. Finished sewing it on Sunday. I also have a top ready for a quilt for me. Its not that I need it but I spent more on the material than I normally would and have decided to keep it as a treat for me. I need to get some quilt batts before I can go any further. Again that fixed income business is rearing its annoying head.

Today was a day of ordinary miracles. I finally got myself to the bank. I have had a money order to deposit for literally weeks and I just could not convince myself to go. I also did not want to ask anyone else to do it for me. Its one of those things that I can do for myself. After the miracle trip to the bank I went and picked up my prints from the photographers. I also took the garbage and the compost out. I am so happy with myself that I am keeping on top of that.

To be fair I am totally aware that any or all of these things are no big deal, the rest of the world does them without thinking of it. HOWEVER in my world these are noteworthy accomplishments. I can with little to no effort overthink things and turn something simple into an overwhelming task. Sad but all too true. 

Our trip to the store on Friday night confirmed for me something I have been ignoring/denying for some time now. Thanks to Covid restrictions and my own natural laziness I have seriously lost mobility this last while. SERIOUSLY. It scares the bejeebus out of me. I am trying to get some of it back. I have been using my stationary pedals but again working with my laziness and the fact that it hurts does not make me eager to do it.. I also have to mention the fact that its like all things, so much easier to go in the wrong direction that it is to go in the right. Its like gaining weight, can gain in a blink of an eye but to loose takes serious work, and a serious amount of time. Sigh. I want instant results and I'm just not going to get them. Hense it being a big deal to make it to the bank and the photographer. I keep telling myself as long as I don't totally give up I am winning the game. My goal is to get back to where I was when I retired. If I can walk and stand that much I will be triumphant. Wish me luck.

Oh the trials and tribulations of my life. I don't want to moan and complain on and on about it. It is what it is and I just need to get on with it and deal with it as best I can. Its the cards I have been dealt.

Toodles

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment