Monday 19 October 2020

Thankful Thanksgiving

 In the midst if this pandemic, after careful thought and consideration, much planning and many calls some of my family gathered together in an isolated mountain condo to celebrate together. For me it was the first time in a very long time to see the some of the kids. I must say that I had no idea how much I missed every one until I saw them again. I thought long and hard before I agreed to go, Knowing that the kids looked for a place that would include me tugged at my heart strings and I decided to go.

We followed all the rules that we could. We were a group of 10. We socially distanced and some of us even got tested before we gathered. The place we stayed was lovely and there was almost no one around. We saw three people across the parking lot the whole weekend. 

The views were magnificent:






I have not been to the mountains in a very very VERY long time. We also took a drive to the site of the Frank Slide. Its been on my bucket list for many a year and now I have been to see it. 




Its a sad sight to see. Its hard to imagine a town is buried under those rocks. The little ones had fun climbing about. The weather was not the best but we managed to have fun inspite of it all.


We had a lovey time. Lots of chat, lots of good food, lots of laughs and the weekend slipped by before we knew it. I was so happy to have a week away. I felt like I had  lovely long vacation. Tater Tot, Wee Girl and Sweet Pea have all grown and changed so much.

Now its back to the ordinary routine. I have a mountain of photos to scrapbook. Our big scrap book weekend got cancelled but our little group of 10 are going to have a small get together anyway. We have found a space and are doing our own scrapbook weekend. I am so glad that we are not going to have to miss out. Its one of the highlights of my year.

The Banker and I have put together something we are calling our True North Strong basket for raffling off.


The funds raised will go to our local Safe and Warm Shelter. Ticket sales have been rather good so far. Its not going to be the same as the quilt raffle but its better than nothing.

Speaking of quilts. I have at last got onto Best Friends quilt, the one made with her Dad's ties. I think its coming along very nicely


I actually have the entire top sewn up but no picture taken yet and now once the backing has a bath and dry, I can get quilting on it. I am so pleased I can do this for her. I hope she likes it.

Christmas is coming and the shopping/crafting must begin in earnest. We did the name draw over our family weekend and now I need to buckle down to getting the shopping done. I have started on the Christmas crafting.


I happily spent yesterday knitting and watching movies. The perfect way to spend a chilly Autumn Sunday in my world. I even got all excited and cooked a big pot of something


I do not know if its chili, soup or stew. I started out making chili but it sort of went off track. Inspite of it not having a definitive name its tasty and there is a whole dutch oven full. I am determined to get a handle on this cooking thing. I cannot keep drifting along as I have. Its just not good.

I finally got the air conditioner out of the window today. Nearly did myself in but I managed it. I have a list of things that need doing around here and I am determined to get them done. Its a never ending round of needing to improve around here. Some times I wish I had an easier and more willing participant in this project but you work with what you have.

Toodles

Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment