Monday 26 October 2020

WTF????

Ok what is up with these shenanigans? We got snow and its stayed. I was thinking it would come and go but the nasty snowflakes have parked themselves and are still hanging around, for a couple of weeks now for goodness sake. I can't even..... 


later the same day

This sort of stuff should not even think about happening until after Halloween and even then that is the earliest allowed.

Lets move onto more pleasant things. I totally did not include Mama Bug's visit in my last blog post. I cannot believe I missed it. I have not seen her in such a long time, it was really nice to have a chance to visit and catch up on her news. She popped in and stayed for supper. We watched a movie and then she scooted off to finish her shopping and get home. She lives on a farm. I was so very happy that she managed to fit me in. I hope we do it again before too long.I need to get my butt in gear and get Lady Bugs quilt blocks caught up. I am behind on them but I have not forgotten them.

The Banker and I did a little road trip this last week. She heard about an on line quilt shop that is close. The lady does have a physical store that you can get to see by appointment only. We set up a time and went for a visit. We had a shop, went out for lunch and then called it a day.( I have missed our little road trips).  Its a super cute little place. Quilt lady has it set up so nicely. I managed to find a thing or two to bring home.


No idea what I am going to make but its going to be something for me. I got some Christmas themed material, some autumn stuff and a layer cake of old looking prints. I'll have to cruse the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorials to find a quilt to make with the layer cake.

I have finally got quilting on the Dad's ties quilt for Best Friend. I have the top almost all quilted. In fact I have high hopes that it will be done and bound this week. Go Me!!



Its not a complicated quilt but I think she is going to like it. 

The other thing I have gotten busy and actually started to do is cook. I made chilli/soup/stew a while ago and since then I have made Lentil/potato/bacon soup otherwise known as "clean out the fridge" soup. Again very tasty.

Then on Sunday I actually roasted a chicken. It looks like its dry in the picture but it was nice and moist. Best of all there are left overs. Chicken Salad sandwiches yum yum.


Then today after getting home from getting groceries, I threw together some chicken noodle soup.


Seems to be a soup theme going on here but I love soup during the cold weather. Now that I have groceries I have some stuff to make some supper type items. Stay tuned I am beginning to learn that I can do this cooking malarkey.. I will never be a super cook but at least I can put a meal on the table that's edible. Its cheaper and healthier and I am glad that at long last I am doing something about it. 

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment