Wednesday 22 July 2020

Back on Track ..... well I'm working on it

Ok I will admit I am  struggling a little with getting back into the swing of things, Mostly I just want to stay in my bed or sit in my chair and let the world go by. This is normal for me when I have had to deal with a hurting heart. I am working through it, working against the urge to totally shut down and am making myself just keep moving. I'll get through it, I always do. Get over it and get on with it. 

So things have been going on around here. I bit the bullet and got my back sidewalk fixed. Every year in the spring it develops a nice thick sheet of ice that gives me a panic about slipping and falling. That I do not need so I decided to use some credit and get something done with it. 

Before:



The old sidewalk was so narrow at the end of it and it has sunken very badly. It is just an all around pain to get my old lady grocery cart down it. Thankfully Teddy Bear knew a good handy man who is reasonable and I got him to do this.



Its the backyard boardwalk!! I love it. Its wider, its a ramp and it makes walking out to my car so much easier. The raised walk will allow the water to drain away under it and I will not have to be walking on a sheet of ice every fall and spring.  Another plus is I will no longer have to lift my old lady grocery cart up and over the steps. Win Win Win!!

I should not have afforded it right now but I just wanted it done. I am tired of getting my cane and my  cart tangled in the plants by the fence and constantly trying to trip myself. So instead of saving up for it I will take that money and put it on the line of credit. Shingles and the sidewalk are plenty to have done on the house this year. The other disasters can wait til another year.

What else have I got done??? I made myself a Canada Day Maple Leaf table runner. I am late for getting to use it this year but I am ready for next year. I am really happy with the way it turned out


The Nurse got married this past weekend! It was a small, intimate ceremony that was truly lovely. I'm so happy for her, She deserves some good things happening in her life at the moment.




Yesterday and today I undertook getting my pictures organized for scrapbooking, I ordered up the pictures I needed to bring me up to date. I made a new month by month list since I have somehow managed to lose my scrapbooking note book. I am still hoping with all my heart that I find the fool thing. It has all sorts of important stuff in it, I am so annoyed. How I manage to do this is beyond me but I do. I actually have a list on my phone of things I have lost in this house. Its amazing

I have about three pages in last years book to finish and then get some embellishments. I really need to get myself a printer. So many things on the want list. (that!s right Mom, I never change. always wanting more)  The printer has been on the list for forever but I just have not gotten around to actually getting it. 

I am back to making puppets. Princess Diva has suggested I send some of my puppets to a craft store in Saskatchewan. She knows the people that run it and she is sending some of her beautiful mosaic stars, Her mom is sending stuff so I am going to box up the left overs from my last craft sale and give it a go. I had no turtles on hand and as they have historically proven to be an awesome seller. I am making 6 to send along. I want to make two porcupines because they too sell well. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If nothing sells, its ok and if they do its money in my pocket. Its been awhile since I made puppets and I actually had to get my pattern book out to remind myself of some of the details of what to do with them, So far I have three turtles completed.

Today I stopped at a local veg stand and got myself some new potatoes, new peas and a small basket of Saskatoon berries. I am excited for supper tonight. New potatoes are such a treat. 

That is it for now. I need to go get myself some lunch and then get working on my puppets as I need to have them all ready to leave for parts unknown in August.  I am rooting for lots of sales!!

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment