Saturday 22 February 2020

Laundry is Complete

I finally finished the 9 zillion loads of laundry that I tackled this last week. Its a good thing because I am back to work on Monday. (moment of silence please) I am trying not to get myself into a knot about it all. It is what it is. Enough about that


I have been quilting, watching British crime dramas on Netflix and that is my happy place. My idea of fun fun fun. I do the odd household chore when I need a break and the rest of the time I am needle pulling thread. I should have this one done shortly. I have four more quilt tops waiting to be quilted and I have two others planned up in my head. Guess what I am gong to be doing the first while I am retired|??

I am dong the next facebook quilt project, Its row by row quilt as you go and each row comes out once a month. The first one is out and I had such a hard time to figure out the material. I thought about buying lovely co-ordinated material but I dismissed that rather sharply. Honestly my first impulse it to always BUY SOMETHING. I have loads of material in this house I do not need to buy more. So then do I do totally scrappy or do I pick a colour and use scraps from that? After much back and forth, I decided on blue with a touch of pale yellow.


Out came the totes and this is what I rooted out. I think it will make a decent quilt in the end. I sat down today and got the first row sewn up. Not sure yet how the quilt as you go thing works but I will figure it out or I will just make the top and quilt it at the end.



Only a portion of the row, and the usual bad lighting but you get the idea. I will find a way to take a picture of the whole thing and with better lighting and I will post that another time.

I have not got the textile recycling taken to the bins yet but it is all bagged up and ready to go. I have all the ;laundry folded and am transporting it upstairs as I can. Once it is up there I am actually putting it away. This is a big deal in this house. I have some issues with follow through and completion. I could use another week off. (Soon this will not be a problem). I will have to find other things to complain about.

I never went out this morning like I usually do on a Saturday. I stayed home because I had nothing that I really HAD to get. Breakfast is much better at home and cheaper too. So I did that. I made the coffee, cooked the food and stayed in my house. I plan to repeat this performance tomorrow as well.

Really I have not been out and about very much this entire last week. I have hunkered down, strapped myself to the washing machine and quilted to my hearts content. Its been wonderful. I never even went to the secondhand stores. Nothing I desperately need and I am getting better at not just buying everything that I think I want.  I have been making plans for being retired. I know I need to get on a schedule. It will not be good if I don't. I also need to be a little tighter with the funds. BUDGET!! its a word I need to embrace.

Not much else going on as usual. Its quiet and that's not a bad thing. I like it.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment