Thursday 20 February 2020

Rockin' the Staycation

Last week went by in an exhausted blur. Last week before a week off, super busy at work, I was too pooped to pop by the time I got home.  Blogging was not high on the list. This week is much better. I am using up some of my last vacation days and am having a staycation. I would love to go somewhere but money is an object.  PLEASE do not get me wrong, staying home is one of my most favourite things to do. So I am not having a pity party, I am a happy bunny. I like being at home and I like being on my own schedule. I think I have mentioned that several thousand times.

Honestly its lovely to get up, do the things you choose to do. When the wind chill is -41 you can stay onside. Its fabulous. If you want to go out you can, during the day and not after work when everything is so busy.

Believe me I have been rockin' the staycation. It seems that I have done nothing but laundry. I started it on Monday and I am still working on it today. I am washing all the bedding on two beds from mattress covers to bed spreads, I am doing towels, cleaning rags and every item of clothing I think I own. I am sorting clothes to go to recycle and being the daughter of my dear Mom, I am washing it all first. My little dryer takes forever to dry big things so that is slowing down the process but its getting done and that is the best thing.

I made a list of things to do while I was off this week but I seriously over estimated my energy level so needless to say I have not even accomplished half of it. Some has been done, some will be done and some will keep til a later date.

On this last weekend I was so stiff and sore. I felt like someone had been using my legs and back for batting practice. I did not do a lot of moving around but I did knit I worked on my donation project.




I now have five hats and five scarves knit up. I have not even dented my yarn stash but its fun to do and keeps me busy. The Safe and Warm shelter will  be glad of them as well.

I managed to get to Fabric land and got the material for the back of my quilt. I got that washed and yesterday I settled in to  begin to quilt it.




The next Facebook quilt project came out on Tuesday and since I think I will do it as well, I need to get this one finished. Quilting is a most beloved pass time. Find a Netflix series to binge watch and I am as content as can be.

Other than this not much is happening around here. Crafty things, lots of laundry and the odd bit of housework. Same old same old.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment