Monday 25 November 2019

Monday Musings

So slowly and steadily the sniffling, sneezing, stuffy nose, coughing, snot production is leaving. I am getting over whatever the heck bug knocked me on my butt last week. I spent three days at home, shivering, blowing my nose and sleeping, yes an incredible amount of sleeping. Thankfully the bug is on its way out and I am beginning to feel like a human again. Back to work just in time for month end. Oh the joy!!

Other than being sick there have been some things going on around here. I am deep into Christmas gift production. I cannot share pictures though. Its a big secret you know!! I will share once it is safe. I am rather pleased with the results so far. Its been fun, I am giving the creative brain cells a work out.

On Sunday a gaggle of my friends and I headed to a small town to take in a local Production of ELF. Princess Diva is part of the cast and they did so well with Mama Mia we thought we would take in this one. They did not disappoint!!


So much local talent, such a fun performance and the theater is so quaint!! I think it was an old opera house and its just so lovely. The chairs are not the most comfortable but its worth it. It even has private boxes. I just love it.

We made a day of it. Drove out for the afternoon performance, came back home and them went out for supper. All in all it was an excellent day! I love doing things like that. 


Oh I finally got my little cart in from the car and put together! It was super easy and took no time at all. 

Then today I took it to work. A very kind co worker carried into the building for me and I rolled it upstairs to my cubicle. Its not heavy just a little awkward.


It is seriously perfect. Its the right size, fits where I had hoped it would fit in my cubicle. It rolls like a dream. If it had a place to hang my cane it would be perfect. Its not tall enough though and frankly I am ok with it as is. I can gather twice as many files, and get them put back in record time. It was awesome today. I tied a little white rope on it so I can pull it behind me like a wagon. Such an improvement in my world and when I am retired it can come and live in my craft room somewhere. 

I am still working on the purging. I did not take a picture of this before I started to work on it but trust me it was full of stuff. 


This lives in my porch, I have not used anything out of it for years so it needed going through. Some of it was donated, some relocated and some was just garbaged. Now I have an empty tote and things put in some more logical places. My never ending quest to get things organized. It feels so good to keep working at it. Its when I totally give up I will really feel I have a problem.

I am starting to get the itch to decorate for Christmas and that is always a good sign. Its a lot of work but I love all the Christmas things. I have one or two Christmas decorations so I do like to get them out. Since I will be here for Christmas I will want to have it all out. I even have a new big tree this year that I can decorate without having to crawl up on chairs.

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment