Sunday 23 December 2018

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I like Christmas, I really do. I love having time to spend with family, I love the decorations, the energy, doing the baking, fun things to do, the whole package. I'm ready for it this year. Now I won't be with family but its ok. I am old enough to be practical. I saw them at Thanksgiving so its all good. Time is not on my side this year so I am staying put. Next year it will be my turn to have time off and then the year after that I will be retired so it will not matter when I get home.

I hauled all the decorations out and did up the whole house just like I like it. No big tree but I will have one next year. I have all the food related things I could possibly want. There are presents under my tree and things in my stocking. I think I am more than ready. I have had many many kind invitation to go and do and be with. I am blessed with wonderful friends.

I have been crafting up a storm. I prettied up a stocking for a coworker. She had tried to make one for her Mom and while she did very well on the stocking portion, the decoration fell very short.


I removed the paper picture on it and then turned it into this. A bit of an improvement if I do say so myself. Most important my coworker was very happy with it.


I made pillow covers for my couch cushions. Buffalo plaid and check are very popular this year and I really like it so I made some covers. They have zippers so they can come off an make for easy storage . 



I made another very plain runner for my own use Did not take a picture but trust me I made it. I made another snowman runner for my secret Santa gift for the office. Its just like this one only where this one is green, the new one is red and where the red is on this, the other is green.


 I finished my family ornament. I can't show it until after Christmas. I don't want to spoil the surprise. I made a tree topper for the tree that has the family ornaments on it. Just my glue gun and a scrapbook embellishment but it works.


Not the best lighting but I think its perfect for this particular tree. I have made a family ornament now for 20 years. There is enough of them that I put them all on one little tree that sits in the entryway. I call it the Family tree.


I have hung up the last of the decorations. Most importantly this little jingle wreath. I finally found the perfect spot for it. Very Martha Stewart of me I think.


I have found that if you put Santa's all up and down the stairs you are bound to kick them once in awhile and send them bouncing. We had a decapitation that since I had the glue gun out I performed the necessary operation and gave the jolly old elf back his head.



I had two more to fix but he was the most dramatic. Then I had to glue the tip back onto one of their skis, Didn't know Santa could ski but he does apparently, maybe in the off season.

We had our No Cook Christmas party on Friday. We went to the Banker's house and her Sweet Baboo made us supper. Lasagna and some little meat rolls that he called birds, salad and garlic toast. Tarts and cake for dessert


Best lasagna ever!! and those bird things were delicious. After we were stuffed to the gills we had craft time. We decorated our coffee cups and all had our mug shots taken:






Silly stuff but lots of fun. Plus its all fodder for scrapbook pages in the future. 

Tomorrow I will go out and get a wee few things. Nothing that is desperately needed but would be nice to have. I have been invited out to have supper with KitKat. Then I shall come home and wait for Santa Claus to come. 

Merry Christmas all!!

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment