Saturday 29 December 2018

A little sad its all over

So Christmas has been and gone. All in all it was a good time, even though I would have much rather been with my family. Well thanks to FaceTime and texting, I was in touch and got to see them. Tater Tot was concerned that I had presents under my tree. He did briefly wonder if any were for him but mostly he was glad to hear I had presents to open. Sweet Pea's kitten hat fit her and The Wee Girl had a blast singing with her cousin's thanks to Grandma giving her a karaoke machine.

I managed rather nicely, I had wonderful big breakfast



Breakfast  casserole and fruit. I did not make Monkey bread, I was too lazy. I made myself a poinsettia to drink, minus the champagne but plus ginger ale. Like a mimosa but with cranberry juice. Very Christmasy.


then I relaxed with a hot cup of coffee or two.


I opened my gifts and I got some lovely things. I had stuff in my stocking, I did rather ok. The only fly in the ointment of my day was that our cable channel does not offer the fireplace . I had looked forward to burning logs on my tv as I opened my gifts. I am going to have to get a DVD I quess. Its much cheaper than putting in a fireplace. It makes for a nice atmosphere.



These jolly little snow men are this years family ornament. I do believe they will be the last from me. I have made one every year for the last 20 years and I am thinking I'm ok with being finished. I started with a snowman and I have ended with a snow man. I think that is fitting.

I actually cooked a turkey for the first time is many years, I am rather proud to say it turned out awesome. He tasted as good as he looked. So juicy!!


I went down memory lane. I had sweet gerkin pickles, apple salad, stuffed celery. I missed out on the gravy with mushrooms because I still cannot make gravy and I was too chicken to try it and ruin it, so it was a gravyless meal. I also had wanted to make cloverleaf buns but that did not happen.

I was not all alone for the Holidays. I went to have supper with KitKat on Christmas eve. It was really nice and we had a nice meal. I was invited to Teddy Bears house for Christmas day but I stayed home. It was all good. I had texts from lots of people so I was not abandoned. I was ok with staying here. The only other place I would have wanted to be was with my family. I was with in spirit and thanks to those phones, I got pictures, videos, face times and texted, It was like I was there.

I started a scrap afghan while I watched every Christmas movie I possibly could get in. The Shop Around the Corner, A Holiday Affair, Christmas in Connecticut , Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, Meet Me in St Louis, The Bishop's Wife. All old and all my favourites.


This is taking a bit out of my stash of leftover yarn.. I don't need it so I will either donate it to the Women's Shelter or give it away. I am going to keep making them until I use up my leftovers.

Now I have to look foreward to taking down all the Christmas decorations. They took nearly a month to get up so they will take some time to get back into their little home under the stairs. At least I have gotten them sorted and have gotten rid of some stuff. KitKat took some stuff and I have more to go to the secondhand store. I will start the big de-decorating after New Years. It takes so long to get it out I want to enjoy looking at it for as long as I can.

I am also going to do the January purge again. The one where if its the first you get rid on one thing and then work your way up to getting rid of 31 things on the 31st. I did it last year, I am sure I can come close this year. Something about the new year that makes you want to clean and purge.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment