Sunday 9 December 2018

Christmas Tree Number 5

Did I get you all excited when I dressed the blog with its winter outfit? All two or three of you that read this besides myself? Well sorry about that but its been busy busy around here and I have been kicking things off the old "To Do" list, left right and center. Not to mention that the minute I kick something off, something new pops on. Its wonderful.

First I should confess, (which is good for the soul), that I am Christmas decoration obsessed. It true, I am and I think I need some sort of 12 step program. I don't always put it all out but I am this year. NOT TO MENTION  Michael's craft store is an enabler to those of us that are weak willed, just saying.


This is Christmas tree number 5. 60% off at Michael's and cute as a button. I could not help myself but I do need to get a grip. This innocent little tree has started the decorations migrating upstairs and I have to put a stop to that ASAP. I do not have storage space for more decorations but these ones got up here before I got under control.




I was at a dollar store the other day and I got some decorations for the new tree. I will get it decorated and post pictures later because I know you all are dying to see it.

I got the veranda done:


I even dragged the boxes up from the basement myself!! Not a easy feat but I did it.

I have been making stuff, for people at work. Hats are popular this year



Trust me making a shark hat will get that Baby Shark song stuck in your head faster than anything. Not to mention the shark hat is for an adult. Go figure. 





I also made unicorn mitts. I have orders for two more pair and I already know what I would do to make them better



I have been making dishcloths, 8 more at last count but I am caught up and finished them for now. I have two slipper orders but I have not been able to promise them for Christmas and the people wanting them are ok with that.  I also have a few things I want to make for myself. We will see how the time goes.

Like I said I have been decorating like mad!! The Santa Parade is back on the stairs: I have the kitchen finished. It took some time because there was a lot of cleaning required.





The living room is nearly finished and the dining room, which holds the most of my obsession will get done in the next couple of days. I am even putting the big tree up this year. Its safe to do it now the cats are not here. I am sure they would have taken it down in a heart beat.

I am almost finished my shopping, I have Sweet Pea's loot bag nearly finished, it is job one today. Yesterday the Banker and I worked on making a larger version of this fellow:


I cannot wait to show you the finished product. No he is not for me. One of my friends asked if I could do it and I said I would give it a try. I have the Banker as a work resource.  She is very creative and we work well together. Santa is turning out very well. We had a great day yesterday, sewing, creating and laughing. I treated her to lunch at a wonderful local bakery thanks to a gift card I won at the scrapbooking weekend. Made from scratch food and probably the best shortbread I have EVER eaten. We worked from 9:30 to 4:30 and we got a lot accomplished.

Today has been really productive so far. I have gotten groceries, had breakfast and am FINALLY getting a blog post up. The rest of the day will be Sweet Pea's  loot bag. (our family does not have stockings we have loot bags). Working more on the new Santa Claus. His head needs to be finished and his coat needs its embellishments. His feet also need to be stuffed further and then his boots put on. Sweet Baboo is making us a stand  so he can stand up loud and proud. I want to get a couple more of the little trees decorated today and then here is the never ending laundry to do. If I have all the materials on hand I will get the yearly family Christmas ornament completed as the Banker found me the major component that I needed. Worth her weight in gold that woman. If not I will put that off until tomorrow. I am not going out again today.

So that is me in a nut shell. We are all caught up on the news. I am nipple deep in Christmas prep and I am loving it. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Toodles,

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment