Monday 17 December 2018

Done, in more ways than one

So I woke up on Sunday with my entire body feeling like one giant tooth ache. I was pissed to say the least. I had so many things I wanted to do, so many things to get accomplished and this was seriously hindering my progress. How ever I forged ahead. The best thing was I got the Santa made for a work friend.

She provided me with this little guy as a pattern.

The banker had helped me last weekend and we got a lot of him done. Sweet Baboo McGivered up a stand for him and then this weekend I got him done. A tweak here and there, some embellishing and a voila here he is.


Not bad for having no pattern just an example to go by. The Banker was extremely helpful. Worth her weight in gold that woman. I am pleased with the end results.

So inspite of the fact that I could hardly move I got the Dickens Village out and in its proper place. I have some white fleece that I want to use as a runner but I cannot put my hands on it. I will find it for next year. That Christmas tree in the center belonged to my mom. I never used to like it much but now I would not part with it for the world. Its one of my treasures. It keeps her a part of my Christmas.


The Santa's are out in full force:








I even got the Piggy tree up and decorated. I know its on the dining table and that is a stupid place for it. I have a small house so places to put stuff is at a premium.


I toyed with the idea of getting a 4' pencil tree for this instead. That way it could go elsewhere and the table would be free. Well after all the jigs and the reels I have scrapped that idea. I need to find a stand for it so it can sit in the cased opening between the dining and living rooms. I will need to get a new tree but its going to have to be a new BIG tree.

I was so looking forward to putting up the big tree this year. I have not put it up for awhile because I was positive the cats would pull it down. Its 7 or 71/2 ft tall and I have had to face the cold hard truth that I cannot decorate it. It cannot be done without getting up on a chair or a step ladder. These shenanigans are beyond me. The getting up and down and the standing to decorate is just not in my wheel house anymore. So I need to get a 6 ft pencil tree that I can decorated from a standing position. I hope I can sell the tree I have. I may have to wait til next year. I am brokenhearted to tell the truth but it it what it is. I have a new normal and everyday brings me something new to deal with. I would get the new tree now when everything is on sale but I just cannot do it. It can wait until next year as well. Its not like I don't have a Christmas tree. There are four others in the house but I mourn the loss of the big one this year.

Ok, pity party, table for one. Lets cancel that reservation right this minute and move on.

The Banker and I went for tea last week. Real genuine tea at a lovely local cafe. We wore our Irish facinators and had a ball. They are hard to see in the picture but we had them on Her's is green and Mine is grey with black feathers.


It was yummy, it was a lot of fun and I would do it again in a heart beat. We got ever so many complements on our facinators, both from the staff and other diners.

Christmas presents are bought or made, wrapped and ready to go. Stocking stuffers are finished. Yearly family ornament is made, bagged and ready to go on its way. In fact I have just one more thing to make and I am done with the Christmas shopping and gifts. No baking to do this year, which feels most weird, I can tell you.   I have a few cards to get into the mail and then that's it. I can sit back and enjoy the season.

I have a list of things I need for next year. I have a box of decorations to go to the local charity shop. Yes I have weeded out some stuff that I no longer like or need.  Miracles do happen. I have a couple of things I cannot find but it has to be in this house someplace. My life would not be my life unless I had stuff I could not find.

The quilt auction is over and done. We raised 1265.00 for the Shelter. I am beyond pleased. That makes a total of 2265.00 going to the shelter thanks to scrapbook weekend and the raffle. Good job I say. Its so good to be able to help out and have some fun at the same time. Princess Diva was a tremendous help. We would never have gotten that much without her help and hard work.

Well I think that is it from me for now. I can't think of anything else. At least nothing that is upbeat. I will say goodnight for now.

Toodles
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment